:Dusk Until Dawn: [Chapter: 9] //A Vampire Romance//

Thanks for the feed back :) It makes me want to continue writing! Or in this stories case, continue editing! It's okay, but I don't know. I'm just not feeling it you, know? But whatever! I'm trying :']

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"You look like a drowned cat," Ayden commented with a grin as he turned on the car and switched the heat on. I scowled as I shook my head, trying to get the rain out of my hair. It was amazing how soaked I got during that maybe forty feet walk.

"Yeah well you look like," I paused to look up at him and felt my jaw drop. He looked unbelievably hot with his hair wet. But I couldn't say that. I felt my face heat up as I turned away from him. "You look like you are drowned cat too."

"Uh-huh," he said skeptically as he began to pull out of his driveway.

It was a silent ride for the rest of the trip. I was staring out the window while Ayden was grinning to himself. I had the urge to ask him what he thought was so funny but didn't end up doing so.

"Thanks for the ride," I said when we made it to the ice cream place where I worked.

Ayden nodded and bid me goodbye. I hopped out of the car and hurried to the warmth of the ice cream shop.

"Hey Maddie," Emmett greeted me as I opened the front doors and entered.

I waved to him as I took off my coat and hung it on the employee rack by the heater then I grabbed my apron before heading to the back area to change into my work clothes.

I quickly pulled off my wet shirt and pulled on the work uniform; white shirt with a blue apron, and black pants. After I was changed I ducked into the parlor part and washed my hands in the sink.

"I thought you were going to be late," Emmett commented as I wiped my hands off on a handy towel.

"If I hadn't been reminded, I would've been," I informed him.

I grabbed a rag and a bottle of water mixed with cleaner and headed off towards the tables. Luckily, the shop was empty save an old couple enjoying their ice cream in a corner. I sprayed a little of the cleaner on a table and began to scrub it down.

"Oh, you're brother, right?" Emmett said nodding. "I wish I had an elder brother to keep track of my hours."

"It wasn't my brother," I told him, now scrubbing furiously at some dried up vanilla ice cream with strawberries. Could anyone eat ice cream without making such a mess?

"It wasn't?"

"Nope."

"Who was it then?" Emmett pressed, taking a rag from the pile and another bottle of cleaner, and scrubbing down the table next to the one I was working on.

"Ayden," I told him, stretching my back and moving onto the next table.

"The History teacher? How would he know your hours?" Emmett asked in puzzlement.

"You know, because..." I trailed off, and froze in my movements. How did he know what my hours were? I didn't even think I had even mentioned that I had a job, let alone my hours.

"Maddie?" Emmett asked sounding concerned at my lack of moment. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing," I assured him quickly, before scrubbing at the table again. "Are our hours posted anywhere besides the back area?"

"No, I don't think so," he mused, his forehead wrinkled.

It felt as if cold water was poured into my veins, and it ran it's course in less then two seconds. I shuddered and started out the side window, towards the setting sun. How did he know my hours? No matter how hard I thought for an explanation I couldn't figure one out.