:Dusk Until Dawn: [Chapter: 2] //A Vampire Romance//

You know, I'm sort of re-reading this story as I'm posting it. And I really like to avoid the plot in it lol. It starts getting really good near the end, but that's because I picked up with it after stopping for about half a year hahaha. Yeah, this story is finished. So I'll probably just post one chapter a day. I'm changing things around a lot and stuff, so it's not exactly the same. So leave comments for support, okay? :)

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I started mixing cookie batter just as Will finished putting away the groceries. He escaped out of the kitchen before I could ask him for his assistance. I scowled after him, my arm growing tired of the constant mixing. When the mix was thick enough to be spooned onto the tray, I quickly spread the mounds of dough evenly on it and then stuffed them in the oven, setting the timer.

The time passed quickly as I sat in the living room with Will watching a mystery show. It almost seemed ironic to me that he, being a detective, would actually want to watch a fake show like that. I shrugged and then jumped up as the bell from the oven dinged.

"Have fun." Will's voice floated into the kitchen as I placed the freshly baked cookies onto a plate and covered it with plastic wrap. I then slipped on my shoes and a light jacket before entering the outdoor. Its sudden chilliness sent shivers down my spine... so did the ominous looking dirt driveway that was swallowed up by the forest at the end. I swallowed and, at a very brisk pace, set off across my lawn and down the frightening trail.

As I approached the dark trees I shut my eyes and walked forward carefully, ignoring sounds and sights around me. It didn't really work. I broke into a run after I had heard a loud noise behind me, and I didn't stop until I reached the steps.

The old house looked even creepier up close. The white paint, like the roof, was peeling away and had water stains and who-knows-what stains on it. The windows, I could tell, were very outdated and I guessed that they wouldn't open. The porch looked rickety and I didn't doubt that it would groan if I decided to walk up the steps- I was having second thoughts. The smell of the cookies egged me on.

I climbed the steps, they did indeed groan, and knocked on the door. As I waited I shivered when a gust of wind blew by. The sky was dark, past twilight now, and into the nighttime. Which was very unsettling here at this haunted house. I smiled, that was a good way to describe the house.

After about a minute of nobody answering I knocked again. Perhaps they had left when I was baking, I thought. I knocked one last time, and after a few more minutes I decided to give up. It was really getting cold now, and the longer I stood there the creepier the woods around me seemed. I sighed and turned my back and began to walk forwards, right into something, or someone. I screamed. More out of surprise, I think, then fright.

"Nice," a deep voice chuckled taking no note of my scream. "There's a girl on the front step!"

I took a step back and hit the front door. I squinted into the darkness and could barely make out the person in front of me. The only thing I deciphered was that the stranger was definitely a man.

"Hmmm..." the stranger took a deep breath. "I smell cookies!"

"Uh... yeah," I replied looking nervously at the man, then the woods, and then the man again. "I made them for the people that just moved in here. But they aren't here so I should probably leave now."

I made to go around him but he sidestepped, blocking my way. I felt my heart speed up and tried to get around him again. He blocked me again.

"Wait a sec," he paused, reaching into his pocket. "Just a second..."

Slowly, he took a step towards me and I retreated back to the door again. I pressed my back against it as he neared me. "Wait I-"

Suddenly the door opened and I feel backwards into the hallway of Damian's house. "Oof!" I let out landing on my back. I sat up and rubbed my head.