:Dusk Until Dawn: [Chapter: 23] //A Vampire Romance//

Damian woke me up early for school and I groggily turned over, to find him resting on the bed, a book on his chest.

"How long have you been there?" I asked, blushing slightly.

Damian chuckled. "A few hours."

I stared at him. "Why?"

He shrugged. "Why not?"

"Um, I don't know," I responded, grinning slightly.

He smiled back and sat up. He leaned over me and kissed my forehead. "Anyways, it's time to get ready for school."

I groaned. "I hate Mondays."

He smiled, but said nothing in return, still leaning over me. I stared at him, resisting the urge to reach up and kiss him. Suddenly the door burst open and I jumped, knocking my head on his rock hard chin.

There was an overdramatic gasp. I rolled my eyes.

"What were you two doing?" Dustin asked, his face contorted in mock horror.

"Dustin, get out," I ordered, scowling at him. "Why must you barge in here all the time?"

Dustin snorted. "To make sure he isn't eating you."

Damian smiled slightly at Dustin. "I wouldn't."

"While you can keep control of yourself," Dustin returned.

It was silent for a minute, Dustin glaring at Damian, Damian smiling politely at Dustin. I cleared my throat and their attention snapped to me.

"I've got to get ready for school... could you both please leave?"

Dustin grinned and nodded, beckoning his hand towards Damian. "Let's go, bloodsucker."

Damian slightly shook his head before grinning at me. "I'll be downstairs when you're ready."

I quickly hopped in the shower and dressed myself, going down to the kitchen. Callie stood with her arms crossed, growling at Ayden. Ayden looked exasperated.

"I hope you're not hungry," he told me. "Callie ruined your breakfast."

"I didn't ruin it!" she denied, shaking her head at me.

I stared at them quizzically.

"I, with my awesome expertise, was going to make you and Dustin breakfast, however Callie decided to take over and..."

I followed Ayden's gaze as it lowered to the table. I gave it one look and laughed. Whatever it was, it looked like charcoal.

"It's okay, I'm not that hungry," I responded, grinning.

"I am though," a new voice said from behind me.

I sighed. Sometimes Dustin had no manners. I shot him a dirty look and he grinned at me.

"I think we have bagels in the cupboard..." Ayden told Dustin, gesturing towards the cupboard behind him.

Dustin went over to the cupboard and looked around it a bit. "Ew." He pulled out a plastic bag that looked like it was filled with green and white muck.

I covered my mouth. "Ew."

Ayden laughed. "Never mind."

"Don't worry, I've got it covered."

I turned to see Damian carrying a box from Dunkin' Doughnuts. Dustin tried to look angry, but failed, and looked extremely eager. Damian, being polite, offered him the box. Dustin took it right away.