:Inject Me Sweetly: Chapter Thirty-Two, Part Two

“Center of attention… We’re the center of attention,” I murmured as we entered the restaurant Fiona had chosen to eat at. “Or should I say you guys are.”

Literally every customer glanced up from his or her table at us as we passed. It felt like I was walking around with a group of famous people. I was actually expecting someone to jump up and ask for our autographs. So much for vampires not being ostentatious. Vincent and Sebastian trailed a few feet behind Fiona and myself, Vincent with a moody expression on his face, Sebastian taking in his surroundings. Every few seconds he’d wrinkle his nose and make a face. I figured it was due to the thousands of aromas lingering around the restaurant from the dishes.

Fiona, who looked like she was having the time of her life, smiled flirtatiously at a few of the men we passed. “Come on, Em! Flirt a little bit!”

I shook my head at once. “No way! I wouldn’t flirt when I already have a guy I like. It makes me feel like I’m betraying him.”

“Ah,” she responded, the smile slipping off her face. “Do you really think that?”

“How would you feel if Sebastian started flirting with other girls?”

She did a double take at me, but because she moved her head so fast it seemed like she only spared me a quick glance. “S-Seb?”

I grinned evilly. “Are you blushing?”

“I’m not!” she cried, her cheeks blossoming with color, betraying her words. “W-what are you even talking about?”

“Oh, come on, Fiona. Don’t act so innocent. I know you like him—”

“Shh!” she silenced me, pressing a soft hand over my mouth.

I blinked at her.

“He can hear you,” she whispered, removing her hand.

“Oh, yeah, oops,” I responded, scratching the back of my head in embarrassment. “Sorry, Fiona.”

She suddenly snatched up my hand, dragging me in the opposite direction we were headed. “Come with me.”

“H-hey!” I protested, stumbling over my feet. “I thought we were eating?”

“Where are you going?” Sebastian questioned as Fiona tried to move by him. He easily blocked her way.

“Lady’s room,” she answered easily, “Emily said she had to pee really bad.”

My eyes widened. “What I—”

“Right?” she interjected sharply.

“I-I… Yeah, guess so,” I muttered, lowering my gaze to my feet. “S’pose I have a bad bladder or something.

Vincent snorted and I quickly shot him a glare. “We’ll meet you guys at the table. Order our drinks. I want a Coke.”

“I’ll have a Sprite,” Fiona added, hooking her arm through mine. “Our table says Rutherford.”

“Eh? We have reservations?”

“You didn’t know what?” Sebastian inquired, furrowing his eyebrows.

I shook my head. “Nope.”

“Does this restaurant seem like a place you can eat at without one?” Vincent asked, smirking at me.

I puffed out my cheeks. “Whatever. I don’t know if I brought enough money for this—”

“You’re not paying at all,” Sebastian cut me off. “Don’t worry about it. I’ll handle your bill.”