:Inject Me Sweetly: Chapter Three

The interior of the building was just as stunning as the exterior. The ceilings were high and painted white. Stained glassed windows littered the maroon wallpapered halls, and chandeliers hung from the ceiling, casting a yellow glow upon everything it could. We entered what I assumed to be a living room because rose and chocolate colored furniture littered the area and there was a gigantic flat screen against one of the walls. The walls in this room seemed to be made out of old oak. I was actually a little impressed. Everything was decorated and styled extravagantly.

            Vincent and Joel didn't allow me to look in each room good enough for me to really be able to take in the full impressiveness, but I could just imagine what they held. Vincent tugged me through hall after endless hall, keeping a wary eye open. Joel did the same, glancing over his back every few moments. It was hard to keep up with their fast pace, and I found myself almost out of breath.

            We soon came to a large, oak door that had gold engravings on it. I stared at it in shock. Gold engravings on a door? Where was I again? Vincent knocked on the door three times consecutively, before stepping away. Not even five seconds later the door opened, revealing a man that bore a conspicuous resemblance to Vincent, shaggy brown hair and all, but instead of having sapphire eyes, this man had emerald eyes. Despite their color difference, this man's eyes still held the intensity of Vincent's. They widened slightly when they landed on me.

            "Vince, what is this?" the emerald-eyed man asked, turning his shocked gaze onto Vincent.

            "Can we come in, Sebastian?" Vincent asked, ignoring his doppelganger's question. "It's important.

After a moment's hesitation, Sebastian nodded, stepping out of the way, and letting Vincent drag me in. Joel followed after and I heard him murmur a polite greeting to Sebastian. Vincent shoved me towards a large black bed in the center of the room, and I fell onto it in surprise. I quickly righted myself and glared at him, my head spinning yet again.

            "Is she a human?" Sebastian asked, staring at me curiously.

            "Yes, I am," I snapped, irritated that he was talking about me like I wasn't there. I really hated when people did that.

            "I can't erase her memory," Vincent told Sebastian, a scowl on his face. "I tried twice. Joel tried. She still has her memory."

            "You drank from her?"

            Vincent nodded. "She interrupted my first meal."

            "Hmm..." Sebastian came over to me, kneeling down to my height.

            Immediately, I scooted myself backwards on the bed, wanting to put as much distance between him and myself as possible. He raised an eyebrow in amusement at my actions. When I was a considerable distance away I stopped and watched him warily.

            "She's terrified," Sebastian commented with a small smile. "How cute."

            Cute? How was being terrified cute? Was this guy some kind of weirdo? If he were it would be a shame since he was so handsome... My eyes widened as I realized what I just thought. Handsome? What was I doing? Checking out the enemy? I narrowed my eyes at Sebastian. It was his fault for sharing the same looks as Vincent. Even that perfect jaw structure...

            "Out of pure curiosity, why did you bring her back to the mansion?"

            "I didn't know what else to do," Vincent admitted in an irritated voice. "This is the first time something like this has ever happened. Then she passed out before I could figure out what to do back at the school."