:Dusk Until Dawn: [Chapter: 25] //A Vampire Romance//

The months passed and soon it was the indecisive season of spring, in the month of March. It was hot or cold, warm or chilly, rainy or clear, and so on. The weather changed every day.

To my utter surprise, and amazement, Reilly soon became a popular figure at our school. Dustin and Reilly were really close; to the point that they seemed to spend every wakening moment in each other's presence. It was a rare sight to see either one without the other. Even Damian had made friends with him. And a numerous amount of girls had asked him out as well. Did no one see what I saw?

It was now April vacation and, what a surprise, I was sitting home alone because both Damian and Dustin were busy. Damian had a family thing and to nobody's surprise Dustin was with Reilly. I ground my teeth together. What that maniac vampire was trying to do, I had no idea, but whatever it was, surely it wouldn't take this long to do.

My cell phone rang and I jumped, pausing iTunes. I pushed my computer chair back, rolling across the room to my bed and put it to my ear.

"Hello?"

"Hi Maddie, it's Ayden."

"Hey," I responded, rolling myself back to my laptop.

"Are you busy?"

"Not really."

"Do you want to come over and meet some of my family?"

My mouth dropped open and I stared at the phone in my hand. "Me? Meet your family?"

"That's what I said, is it not?" he asked and I could hear the smile in his voice.

"Well yeah," I muttered, closing Photoshop and shutting down my laptop. "When should I come over?"

"Well, I'm here to pick you up now."

I jumped up and looked out the window. Sure enough Ayden was standing there, looking up at me with a grin.

"You know that's beyond creepy..."

I saw him shrug.

"Okay, I'll be down in a few seconds."

I hurried to the bathroom to fix my hair and my make-up, making sure I looked presentable. I pulled on my converse and grabbed a jacket, shutting off my light and heading downstairs.

"I'm going to Damian's!" I called to my brother, who I could hear was watching the football game.

"Okay! Don't stay out to late!" he responded, nearly yelling over the T.V.

"Right!"

I opened the door to find Ayden waiting on the porch. He gestured for me to follow him and I slung my jacket over my shoulder. The temperature was perfect for once.

"So who's there?" I asked to start up a conversation.

"Well technically they aren't quote-unquote family, just some people we've known for a very long time," Ayden explained as we took the dark road to his house.

"Oh."

"But anyways, there's two of my old friends, Edmund and Vincent-"

"Edmund? Vincent?" I snorted. "Those sound like names used in vampire love novels."

Ayden grinned. "Like Damian, Ayden and Kale don't."

I pursed my lips.

Ayden chuckle. "Anyways, there is those two, and there's also two ladies who travel with them. Kale and Damian's old friends."

I frowned slightly. It was only naturally Damian would have girl friends in the past. Maybe even girlfriends. Ayden chuckled again and ruffled my hair.