:Inject Me Sweetly: Chapter Four

My mind raced as Vincent, Joel, Sebastian, and I made our way down the halls in search of Sebastian and Vincent’s parents. They were royalty? I was about to meet the king and queen of the vampire world? My mind felt like it was going to explode. Never in my life would I have guessed that vampires had royalty. And yet here I was, going to meet the queen and king…

            Dizziness swept over me and I staggered slightly, my vision blurring. I knew immediately that it wasn’t due to my anxiety of meeting more vampires, but due to my anemia. How much blood had I lost last night? Was it last night that I’d been… drunk from? As nausea continued to sweep over me I fought to keep myself up right. That battle was lost when I suddenly lost my balance and fell to the side.

            A pair of hard hands caught me and set me up straight. I looked over my shoulder to see two Sebastians peering at me with worried expressions. After a moment of focusing I managed to get Sebastian back into one person. He furrowed his eyebrows, waving a hand in front of my face.

            “Are you okay?” he asked.

            “No,” I told him honestly, too dizzy to swat his hands away. “My anemia…”

            “Oh shoot, that’s right!” Joel responded with realization. “Vivi, how much—”

            “Call me Vivi one more time and I swear—”

            “How much blood did you drink?” Sebastian inquired, cutting of Vincent. “Can you give me an estimate?”

            Vincent scowled at his brother for a moment, and then shrugged. “I don’t know. A pint and a half probably.”

            My eyes flew open. “A pint and a half?”

            Vincent shrugged. “I usually drink two quarts.”

            “Vincent, a quart is a lot to an anemic person,” Joel commented in a worried tone.

            “How the hell was I supposed to know she was anemic? It’s not like there was a flashing sign above her head saying, ‘Look! I’m anemic!’”

            Joel grinned. “Very true.”

            “Emily, what’s your blood type?” Sebastian asked after sending a disapproving look at Vincent and Joel.

            “Why do you want to know?” I asked suspiciously.

            “In order to help you.”

            “Why do you want to help me?”

            “Because we can’t let you die, stupid,” Vincent snapped. “Stop asking stupid questions.”

            I narrowed my eyes at him. “Stupid questions? I was kidnapped here against my will, and now I’m being told you want to help me? If you want to help, let me go home! I can eat my disgusting dried fruit and everything will be fine!”

            “We’ll have to do a blood transfusion later,” Sebastian commented, keeping a hand on my back. “I can tell just by looking at her she lost too much blood last night.”

            “Are you even listening to me?” I demanded angrily.

            “I was!” Joel told me with a grin.

            “I wasn’t talking to you!”

            “Shut up. We’ll deal with your anemia later. Right now, we’re going to tell my parents about you,” Vincent told me shortly.