:Dusk Until Dawn: [Chapter: 21] //A Vampire Romance//

"You'll be staying in my room," Damian told me as he lugged my baggage up the stairs to his room.

I looked around; all the previous damage that had been done to the house when the vampires attacked was gone. There wasn't the slightest evidence that anything had happened here.

My mind wandered back to Reilly. The person I was really worried about was Dustin, but there wasn't any way I could reach him at this time at night. The time on my cell phone said 1:45AM. But after Reilly had left, where did he go? Did he go after Dustin? I swallowed.

"Maddie?"

I broke out of my reverie. "Yeah?"

"Are you feeling okay?" he asked, staring at me curiously. "You don't look well."

"Well..." I hesitated. Could I tell Damian? No, I'm sure that would count in Reilly's point of view, so I had to keep quiet. "It's nothing. I'm tired."

"Are you sure?" Damian asked.

I had a feeling he knew I was lying, but I couldn't tell him! I didn't want to put Dustin in any danger. Reilly wasn't around now, but, I was too confused.

"Positive," I told him with a smile as we reached his room.

We entered and he dropped my stuff off in a corner. I stood awkwardly by the door. I had just realized something. I was staying in his room with him.

"Did you bring pajamas?"

I mentally slapped myself in the head. "Ugh. No. I forgot."

Damian smiled and went over to his dresser. He dug through for a few moments and pulled out a t-shirt and pajama bottoms and tossed them to me. I caught them and looked down.

"They may be a little big..."

"No, it'll be alright," I responded. I'd make them fit if I had to.

Damian smiled again. "I'll be back when you're done changing."

He left the room and I went into a corner, away from the newly replaced windows, and began stripping. I tossed my shirt to the side When I was about to pull down my pants I heard someone chuckle.

I gasped and looked up to see Kale staring at me with an amused look. "You're undressing for me?"

I screamed and covered myself with my arms, turning around. "What the hell?"

"Why are you covering yourself?" Kale asked with a smirk.

The door burst open and Damian rushed in, looking worried. "What's wrong?"

I blushed when he looked at me. He quickly looked away and caught sight of Kale, who was laughing.

"You are so red!" he commented in-between laughs.

I scowled as I hurriedly pulled on Damian shirt. I took a deep breath; it smelled just like him.

"Kale, may I speak to you for a moment," Damian said quietly.

Kale stopped laughing and rolled his eyes. "Oh come on! She started stripping in front of me!"

"I didn't know you were in here!" I returned, blushing furiously still.

"It's not like their was much to see, anyways," Kale scoffed.

"Shut up!"

"I'm only being honest."

"Kale!" Damian snapped.

I scowled at Kale, who started laughing again.

"Come with me," Damian ordered, grabbing Kale by the collar and dragging him out of the room.

I stared after them for a few seconds. Then, taking the moment of solitude and trusting Damian wouldn't be back, I shimmied out of my pants and into Damian's pajama bottoms.

For a few minutes I stood alone in Damian's dark room, waiting for him to return. When I heard the door open I looked up to see Damian with an irritated expression on his face. It switched to a smile when he saw me.

"Sorry about Kale," Damian told me. "He can be..."

"Rude?" I finished for him with a smile.

"Well yes, and immature," he muse with a frown.

I covered my mouth and yawned. Damian smiled at me and gestured towards the bed. "Why don't you go to sleep?"

"Me? Oh. Um, I can sleep on the couch... you can have the bed," I responded, just a little disappointed.

He smiled gently. "I don't really sleep well. Remember?"

I blushed and nodded. "I'm so sorry I just forgot-"

Damian chuckled. "Why are you being so formal with me lately all of a sudden?"

"Well that's because... you know," I muttered, looking away from him.

"I don't know," he responded, a grin on his face.

"Yes you do!"

He closed the space between us and leaned down towards me. "Because we are officially a couple now?"

"Maybe."

He laughed, swooped his arms down, and scooped me up. I struggled for a few moments until he tossed me on the bed.

"Go to bed," he ordered, sitting down on the bed next to me.

I grumbled at him. He sighed and pulled the covers from under me and then threw them on top of me.

"I'm not tired anymore," I complained.

"Just go to bed."

I huffed. "Tomorrow I'm staying at Dust-" My voice caught and I cleared my throat.

I forgot about Dustin. Again. I had to check on him, and there was no way I could wait until tomorrow. Would it be possible for me to sneak out? I looked at Damian from the corner of my eye. He was looking back at me curiously, probably as to why I had gotten silent all of a sudden.

"I'm going to bed," I said slowly, turning over on my side.

He chuckled. "You're not as stubborn as I thought you were. Goodnight." He leaned over me and kissed me on my cheek.

I waited a few minutes with my eyes shut, trying to feign falling asleep as best as I could. I kept my breathing slow and deep. About twenty minutes later I felt Damian's weight be removed. To be sure I waited a few more minutes, head down on my pillow with my eyes shut.

There was a loud crash and I bolted up, tossing the covers off me. It took me a second to realize where I was.

"Dustin!" I gasped.

I had fallen asleep! I scrambled to my feet, and smoothed out my pajamas before hurrying into the hall.

"Where are you going in such a rush?" a voiced asked from behind me.

"Kale, I don't have time to talk to you," I responded without turning around. "I have something I want to do."

"Go see Dustin?"

I froze and whipped around, my heart skipping a beat. How did he know? "How-?"

"Just a guess," he said with a sly smirk.

I scowled at him.

"If you be nice to me, I'll get you out of here without anyone finding out."

I stared at him. Could I trust him? He smirked and raised an eyebrow. "Well?"

"Fine."

If you complain about how short this one was, I will personally come stab you. If you have patience, I have a surprise for you later today. :) So in the mean time, I expect a LOT of comments and VOTES~

Even if i receive zero, you'll still get the surprise.

But I'll be disappointed =/

Join my fan page! ALMOST 300! :D Click open external link at the right~