:Inject Me Sweetly: Chapter Ten

"So what do you do if you see anyone?" 

"Duck and run." 

Samuel nodded approvingly. "Very good. What if they chase after you?" 

I hesitated. "Stop and make up an excuse?" 

"Wrong," Vincent responded, turning around to look at me. "Keeping running." 

"But that will make it more suspicious!" 

"That will make it more suspicious," he mimicked, changing his pitch to match mine. "Keep your head low and that's that. Now get out of the car and let's go." 

A scowl crossed my face. Maybe Vincent didn't even know the definition of nice. Nevertheless, I climbed out of the car and into the chilly winter rain. After pulling up my hood, I followed Vincent and Samuel towards the entrance of Walmart. Feelings of nostalgia washed over me as I went through the entrance. Even though the Rutherford's mansion was only about half an hour away, it felt like I'd been all the way across the country while there and I was coming back home after a long vacation. 

"So what are you getting?" I asked Vincent, glancing at him. 

He kept his gaze straight ahead, heading towards the back of the store. "Stuff." 

Resisting the urge to glare at him, I kept a polite expression on. "Like?" 

"The stuff you buy here." 

"Forget it," I snapped. "I thought it'd be easier if I helped by getting a few things for you." 

He gazed at me thoughtfully for a second. "Actually, that's not a bad idea. Samuel, you go get the toothpaste, toilet paper, floss, and whatever else is over there that we need." 

"Aye, aye, sir!" Samuel responded with a hand salute. 

"What about me? What should I get?" 

Vincent raised an eyebrow. "You think I'd let you go off alone? Nice try. But I, unlike you, am not stupid. You'll try to run away if I let you do that." 

I shook my head in denial. "No I won't!" 

"You think that now," Samuel interjected. "But I'm with Vivi on this-" 

"Don't call me that," Vincent growled. 

I pursed my lips at them. "You're making me feel like a captive. The Queen said I was a guest." 

Vincent gave me a mocking look. "That sucks. For today you're my captive then," he said, pushing me forwards. 

"Sounds kinky," Samuel commented in a teasing tone. 

Vincent sent him a hard glare while I blushed in embarrassment. He had to make it awkward, didn't he? Vincent gave him a hard shove before stalking off in the other direction, snatching up my wrist and towing me along. I immediately tried to pull it free, remembering the first night with him. I still had bruises on my other hand. He didn't let go. 

"I'm not a kid, Vincent. Don't drag me around like one!" I finally burst, planting my feet firmly into the ground. 

He rolled his eyes at me, but let go of my wrist. "Stay within five feet of me." 

Narrowing my eyes, I crossed my arms. "I'm not a kid." 

He ignored my stubbornness. "What do you like for snacks?" 

"Why?" 

"Obviously to buy something for you to, I don't know... snack on?" 

I ground my teeth together. A ghost of a smirk danced on his face, causing me to become more irritated. Instead of snapping back at him like he expected, I swallowed my anger and nodded. "Oh. I like grapes."