:Dusk Until Dawn: [Chapter: 19] //A Vampire Romance//

People stared in the halls as I walked down to lunch with Damian. They whispered to their friends, thinking I wouldn't notice. Didn't they know it was rude to stare? I half-smiled at those who made eye contact with me, and they quickly turned away. It didn't matter they were talking; it wasn't like it wasn't completely obvious now.

Damian and I were dating.

He smiled down at me, our entwined hands gently swinging with every stride. People continued to stare.

"We're pretty popular," he mused, squeezing my hand.

"Welcome to high school," I muttered, looking at the ground as I faintly blushed. "News travels quick."

We suddenly came to a halt and I looked up to see a very angry looking blonde.

"Hello, Dustin," Damian greeted Dustin politely.

"Yeah, whatever," Dustin spat, he glared at me. "Can we talk? Alone?" he added, sending a glare at Damian.

"Umm..." I bit my lip, hesitating. I sighed. I would have to talk to him at some point. "Yeah."

Damian smirked and quickly kissed me on the forehead. "I'll see you in a little bit then."

"Bye," I mumbled, staring intently at a floor tile as my face heated up again.

Dustin shook his head, turning and heading down the now nearly empty hallway. I trudged after him, frowning. The lunch bell rang as we arrived in a deserted hall. I stopped a few feet away from Dustin.

"Care to explain?" Dustin asked, disgust in his voice.

"Explain what, Dustin?" I replied flatly. There was no reason for him to use that tone.

"Why you are going out with that bloodsucker!"

I rolled my eyes. "Let's be mature about this, Dustin."

"He's dangerous!"

"You are too!" I pointed out accusingly. "You carry around a gun, and have fighting skills. Damian just has strength."

"At least I won't suck out your blood and kill you!"

I glared at him. "When they feed," I started, lowering my voice. "They don't kill who they feed off of."

"Unless they lose control," Dustin snorted.

"I don't see the problem here!"

"The problem is you going out with him!" Dustin cried, throwing his arms up. "Why?"

"Why? Hmm, maybe because I like him?" I responded, mockingly.

"But-"

"No buts, Dustin," I said harshly.

Dustin's gaze hardened. "I bet they haven't told you this yet, but you will have to be, you know, become one of them."

"Yes, I know already," I snapped. "Damian has enough courtesy to tell me something so life changing."

"So you're going to become a vampire?" Dustin nearly shouted.

I sent him a harsh look and he cleared his throat.

"You know what I'm saying, don't you?" he asked, his voice considerably quieter.

"Are you saying you're going to kill me if I become a vampire?" I said, clenching my jaw.

Dustin looked shock and his gaze softened. "What? Of course not!"

"That's what you were implying!" I accused, crossing my arms over my chest.