:Dusk Until Dawn: [Chapter: 15] //A Vampire Romance//

"Hello my dearest, wonderful, favorite student of my period six History class!" Ayden greeted me enthusiastically with a slap to my back, as I entered my sixth period class after lunch.

I stumbled forwards a few from the brute force. I turned around in shock and put a hand to my back. "T-that hurt!"

"Oh?" He grinned.

"You can't have favorites in class."

Ayden and I both turned to the door as Damian sauntered into the room with an amused look.

"I can so!"

There was another slap to my back.

I reached my arm over my shoulder and rubbed my now stinging back. "Stop that!"

"Oh, too hard? Sorry," he apologized with another grin.

"Why am I not your favorite?" an irritated voice asked from the back.

I knew the voice before I even turned. Nick. He was frowning up at Ayden from his desk from the back of the room. Ayden was smiling sheepishly back while scratching the back of his head.

"I didn't think you could hear me," Ayden replied.

Great excuse, I thought to myself and sighed. I headed towards me seat and plopped my bag onto the floor before sliding into my desk.

"You can't have favorites, Mr. Weiss," accused Nick from across the room.

"I was only kidding... I can't resist picking on my students," Ayden told him with a wave of his hand.

I sighed and went to my desk. The second bell rang and I looked around, confused. I couldn't find Dustin. Ayden started class, and over the course of the period, Dustin still didn't come to class. When class ended I gathered up my stuff and set off to science, hoping Dustin would be there. Today, I had decided, I was going to go to Damian's to ask all the questions I had boiling inside me, and I needed Dustin to be there because I had quite a few questions for him as well.

I entered the classroom and saw Dustin sitting at our usual table, his head buried in the science book. I dropped my backpack heavily on the table and Dustin looked up in surprise, before a grin spread across his boyish face.

"Yo!"

"Hey." I stared at him suspiciously. "Where were you during sixth period?"

"Somewhere," he replied with a mysterious smile, not unlike the one Damian sometimes used.

"You know I don't like secrets," I told him while slightly pursing my lips.

"I know." He grinned even wider.

"So," I started, clasping my hands together and twiddling my thumbs. "You are going to come with me to Damian's house today."

"Why are we going to my house?" a voice questioned before Dustin could reply.

Damian pulled the chair next to me and sat down, a slightly confused look on his face. Dustin scowled at him, tilting back in his chair, as if to put more space between the two of them.

"Well I have a lot of questions I want to ask," I told him, frowning at Dustin's churlish behavior.

"Ah." Damian nodded, picking a piece of lint off my shoulder.

A sudden, and unfamiliar, feeling ran through me and I felt my face heat up the slightest bit. I looked down at the table and tried to shake the blush from my face. What was wrong with me?

"Hmm..."

I looked up at Damian's uncertain tone. He was studying my face with an unrecognizable expression. I stared back at him, peering into his icy blue eyes, transfixed. He released me when his eyes flickered to Dustin for a moment.