:Dusk Until Dawn: [Chapter: 31] //A Vampire Romance//

My whole body felt heavy. It was like all the blood in my body was replaced by sand or something. I tried to lift my arm, but pain shot through it and I gave up, letting it rest again.

"She's coming around!"

"Maddie?"

"Maddie!"

I could hear them, but when I went to open my mouth to reply, nothing came out. I tried to open my eyes, but they felt like they were glued shut. I struggled to open them. I tried screaming to try and get my voice to work. I began to slightly panic when nothing happened.

"Maddie, open your eyes," a gentle voice whispered in my ears.

I tried once more, using all my force to open my eyelids. Slowly, I was able to open my eyes. I could only see a bright white light at first, but than the colors came, and finally shapes. I recognized a face above me.

"Damian?" I croaked, surprising myself.

My voice was working now. But it was so different. It was quiet, but it didn't sound like me at all. "Damian?" I repeated, just to hear the unfamiliar voice again.

"Maddie!" Damian responded, relief washing over his stressed face.

His face came closer to mine and I soon felt his lips gently move against mine. He pulled away again and I tried lifting myself from what I assumed was a bed hat I was on. Damian gently held me down.

"Don't try moving yet. The process hasn't finished yet."

"Process?"

Damian gave me a sad look. "I'll explain later."

I stared at him for a moment and than nodded. That was good. I wanted to sleep now. I looked at Damian once more and he placed a hand on my forehead, brushing the hair back.

"Why don't you rest? When you awake, I'm sure you'll feel a hundred times better," he suggested, stroking my face.

I nodded, and my body felt like it was made of sand again. Holding my eyes was taking a lot of effort once more and I gave up, letting them close.

"I love you, Maddie."

"I love you too," I responded, having to force out every syllable with difficulty. As soon as the words were out, dizziness swept over me and I was out like a light once more.

"Wake up!"

I groaned and ignored the voice, rolling over and pulling the covers over my head further. "Five more minutes."

"She sound okay," someone commented, prodding at my back.

I swatted a hand around at the prodding person and made contact. I heard a loud crack and my eyes shot open wide. I sat up and pulled the covers away from my head.

Surrounding me were Callie, Damian and Ayden. Ayden was holding his finger, his expression probably mimicking me.

He shook it and chuckled. "Well, I think you just broke my finger."

I stared at him and between the other two people in the room, my jaw working but no sounds coming out. "How?" I finally managed to get out.

"Welcome to the world of vampires!" Callie cried with a huge smile.

"What... do you mean?" I asked slowly, my eyes narrowing in confusion.

"Well-" Damian started, but Callie cut him off.

"You're a vampire now!"

"I'm a what?" I shrieked, my eyes widening. "Are you joking?"

The serious faces- well, the serious face of Damian old me that they weren't joking. Callie was grinning wildly and even Ayden had a small little smile on his face.