:Dusk Until Dawn: [Chapter: 24] //A Vampire Romance//

I walked into lunch and my heart nearly stopped. There was Reilly at my table, sitting with Dustin and Emmett. I nearly dropped my tray. I stumbled towards them, panicking slightly. When I reached the table, I became utterly confused.

Dustin and Emmett were laughing.

So was Reilly.

I stared curiously between the two, setting down my tray next to Dustin. Reilly grinned at me, a hint of evil behind it. I twitched my lip in return.

"Maddie, have you met Reilly?" Dustin asked me, pointing at him.

"Yes," I muttered, looking at my food.

"This guy is hilarious! He had me laughing the moment he talked to me!"

"He talked to you?"

Reilly smirked when I sent him a questioning look. I clenched my fist. I didn't understand him. Didn't he hate Dustin? Why was he trying to make friends with him?

"Hello," a smooth voice greeted me and I felt Damian sit next to me.

"Hi," I responded, tearing my gaze away from Reilly.

Damian was frowning slightly, but he smiled when we made eye contact.

"Maddie, I forgot to tell you, but we are having company over today after school," he started, shooting a look at Dustin. "That goes for you as well."

"Of your kind?" Dustin muttered, rolling his eyes. "Great."

I kicked him under the table. "Shut up, Dustin!"

"Your kind?" Reilly asked innocently, staring curious between Dustin and Damian.

I glared at him while sending a nervous glance towards Emmett.

"Dustin is just jealous of Damian's good looks so he thinks Damian is of a different... species," I made up on the spot, sounding like an idiot.

Reilly grinned. "I see."

"I do not think Damian is good looking," Dustin responded the same time Damian said, "You think I'm good looking?"

I sighed to myself and shook my head. Reilly stood up with his tray.

"I'm going to go put this away... Maddie, will you show me where everything goes?"

I stared at him. "I'm not done eating."

"Oh, just go Maddie!" Dustin responded. "What's wrong with you? Usually you're really nice to new people."

I clenched my jaw and threw down my apple. "Fine, Dustin."

"That a girl," he responded with a grin.

"Oh, you don't have to," Reilly said with a fake smile. "I can figure it out."

"I can show you," Damian offered, making to stand.

Reilly's face sagged slightly, but he still nodded. "Sure."

"No," Dustin interrupted, "Maddie will do it. She's being rude to the new kid."

"It's okay," Reilly replied with a shrug. "Not everyone has to be nice."

"I'll do it! I'm done anyways," I said loudly, grabbing my tray.

"She's PMS-ing," Dustin whispered.

I stomped on his foot as hard as I could. Reilly smiled at me and I motioned for him to follow me.

"What are you getting at?" I demanded Reilly when we far enough from the table to not be heard.