:Dusk Until Dawn: [Chapter: 16] //A Vampire Romance//

It really sucks I don't know how to use italics. A lot of words in this chapter were italicized =/ It looks stupid with out them.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

My first reaction was to scream. And I did. Loudly. My next reaction was to run. Which I couldn't do. Instead, I broke away from the figure staggered back a few steps. I couldn't make out the person's face. The frame of the body and hairstyle told me it was a man though.

"Where do you think you're going?" the man asked, brushing brown hair out of his face.

As the lightening flashed, I saw the man glaring at me while baring sharp, white, large, canines. Vampire.

"W-w-what are you d-doing here?" I stuttered, looking around frantically for something, anything, which could be used as a weapon.

"I don't need a reason to do anything," the man growled, approaching me.

In swift movement he had lunged towards me. I screamed in surprise and dove to the side, avoiding him. I landed on my back and rolled over as a foot came crashing down to where my head had just been. I scrambled to my feet and ran for the door, only to be caught by the collar of my shirt and thrown roughly to the side.

"No!" I screamed and staggered on my feet before falling head first into the wall.

"I'm not trying to kill you," the man told me, approaching me. The lightening flashed and I could see a scowl on his face. "It'd be a shame if I couldn't get you to join my clan."

I stared at him in horror. I had just learned about vampires, and already I was being forced to join them? It was... Impossible. And if I didn't join this guy, would I be killed? My eyes darted to the door. How much of a chance would I have if I ran for the door?

The guy smirked as he closed the space between in a blink of the eye. He grabbed my neck and lifted me into the air with my back against the wall. I could feel his nails digging into my tender flesh, breaking the skin. I grasped his arm and tried to pull his hand away from my neck. He ignored my attempts as he caressed my cheek with his other hand.

"You're really pretty, so it'd be extremely wasteful to kill you."

My breath came in little gasps as he quickly made it hard to breathe. In an attempt for freedom I kicked him where the sun didn't shine. He hissed and let go of me instantly and I landed on the ground and didn't waste a second as I bolted for the door. I had almost made it when he appeared before me once more and kicked me in the stomach.

All air left my lungs, and I'm pretty sure I coughed up blood, as I sailed across the room and into the glass window, which shattered, cutting me everywhere, and I felt the rush of cool air against my skin and the cold rain drops land on me. I shut my eyes.

As soon as the motion of being thrown was gone, it was replaced by the feeling of falling. I reached a hand upwards and screamed as I felt myself hurdling rapidly for the ground. Suddenly something hard collided with me in mid-air and I felt arms wrap around me as the motion shifted once more and I felt myself going up.

When I opened my eyes I looked up and saw Ayden, staring at me with a worried expression on his face. He set me down on the ground and I winced.

"Are you okay?" he asked breathlessly, his eyes now focused on the vampire on the other side of the room.

"Better than I'd be if I had hit the ground, that's for sure," I told him, trying to get my hands to stop shaking.

"When I say run... I want you to run, as fast as you can, downstairs and outside. Don't stop for anything," he told me in an undertone.