:Inject Me Sweetly: Chapter Five, Part Two [A Vampire Romance]

"Father!" Vincent called, stepping into the lounge.

Joel pushed me in after him, shutting the door behind us. My gaze swept across the room. A gigantic fireplace that held a blazing fire was against the furthest wall, and around it were a few rouge, Victorian styled chairs. On either side of the fireplace was a tall, wide window-pained window. Paintings of very handsome men and beautiful women lined the other walls, and an immense bookshelf took up half of the wall to my right. But there was something missing...

The King.

As if on some kind of cue, as soon as I thought those words a pair of hands grasped onto my shoulders. Without warning, I was spun around, and pressed against the wall. Piercing emerald eyes- exactly like Sebastian's- gazed into my own, amusement flickering in them. The man pinning me against the wall grinned, revealing sharp, snowy canines. My breath caught in my throat and my heart stopped, standing immobile in the grasp of this vampire.

"Is this bring-your-father-dinner day?" he inquired, bringing his head closer to me. "How marvelous."

"S-stop it!" I cried, finally finding my voice. "Let me go!"

Vincent's gaze met mine and I sent him a pleading look. He rolled his eyes, looking extremely annoyed. "Father, cut it out."

Father? The vampire pinning me to the wall abruptly pulled away, his dark hair falling into his face. I stared at him in disbelief. This man was the King? He barely looked ten years older than me!

"Vivi, you really like to ruin my fun, don't you?" he complained, turning to face his son.

Vincent scowled at him. "Don't call me Vivi."

"Your mom does."

"She's different."

The King placed a hand on his heart. "Ouch... Emily, dear, you can move away from the wall now."

Once again I found myself looking into emerald eyes. The King grinned at me, showing his fangs to me once again. I pressed myself harder to the wall, my heart rate spiking again. That swept the grin right off his face. He turned to Vincent, crossing his arms.

"What did you do, Vince?"

Vincent clenched his fists. "Why do you always think I did something?"

"Well you are the trouble child..."

"Actually, Emily is afraid of vampires, Your Majesty," Joel interjected, sending me a cheeky smile. "Apparently since she was a child."

The King turned back to me, looking interested. "Really now? That's going to be a hassle. But you know what they say, right?"

I slowly shook my head, not sure whether he was talking to me or not.

"The only way to get over your fears is to face them head on. So when you're out of here, you won't be scared anymore!"

"Out of here?" I echoed. "Isn't there a chance I might not be able to go home?"

The King smiled widely. "And so she speaks! What a pleasant voice! Like doves cooing!"

Vincent snorted, rolling his eyes while I flushed in embarrassment. From Joel's earlier words and Vincent's actions, I assumed the King was going to be an unpleasant person. It was relaxing to know he didn't seem that bad... But he did seem kind of un-king like.

"I'm King Solomon Rutherford, like the late King Solomon of Israel. Except this is America... But I do have the wise part down," he told me with a wink. "You can't be King without knowing anything. Right, Vivi?"