:Dusk Until Dawn: [Chapter: 11] //A Vampire Romance//

Oh boy are you guys in for an exciting chapter next chapter! And than the chapter after that is when the plot REALLY starts going.

Join my facebook page :D It's a good way to interact!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/XxSkater2GirlxX/127657497248187?ref=ts

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Dustin, wait!" I called after him. He didn't stop. I turned to Damian. "Um, I'm going to go home with Dustin today..."

"No problem," Damian responded with an agreeable smile. "Want me to drop your stuff off at your house."

"No thanks, I can handle it." I looked wearily after Dustin. He was almost at the schools front entrance. I slung my backpack over my shoulder and hurried after him. "Bye," I called back to Damian with a quick wave.

I hastened down the hall, avoiding the few stragglers whom missed their bus, walked home, or got picked up. I crashed into a girl near the door and she gave me a resentful stare as her papers spilled to the floor. I gave her an apologetic look as I brushed past her and out into the unwonted sunlight.

"Dustin!" I called, hurrying down the stairs. "Dustin, wait up!"

He either hadn't heard me, or was ignoring me, for he didn't turn, nor did he stop. I continued to run, trying to catch up with him. "Dustin!" I shrieked, rather frustrated. "Stop right there, you dastard!"

"Dastard?" he replied, turning around with a confused expression. "Don't you mean bastard? And what's with the screaming?"

I continued to jog until I reached him. Then stopped and clutched at a stitch in my side, panting for my breath. "I think... I need... to get... in shape," I panted, taking deep, gulps of air, trying to redeem my breath.

"Why'd you come after me so fast?"

"To... walk home... with you," I gasped, putting my hands on my sides and leaning backwards.

Dustin chortled before clasping me on my back. "I get it. You were worried about me!" He pinched my cheeks and shook my head back and forth. "That's adorable."

"Cut it out!" I cried, slapping his hands away, my breath regained. "I was worried about you! But now I see you don't need it." I huffed and strode past him, readjusting my bag.

"I was just kidding! Don't be a mad Maddie," he joked, grabbing the back of my hoodie.

I glowered at him. His eyes were light, but I couldn't help remembering the aversion in them moments before. It hurt to know he didn't say anything about his hatred for Damian, and didn't say anything when I was upset when I realized it before, thinking it was unjust.

His expression suddenly became worried. "Maddie, what's the matter? What's with that look?"

I shook my head, putting on a fraud smile. "Nothing, just still a little winded from my run."

"Maddie..." Dustin sighed and rested his hand on my head again. "Silly, silly girl. You think you can fool me?"

I smiled. "I thought maybe I could."

"Tell me what's wrong."

I sighed and looked down at the sidewalk. I dragged my feet on the pavement, making little skidding sounds. How could I explain what I wanted to say to him correctly? I frowned. It sounded inane to say what I really wanted to.

"Well," I hesitated, biting my lip. "Will you be completely honest?"

Dustin's grin slowly vanished. "It depends..."