:Dusk Until Dawn: [Chapter: 28] //A Vampire Romance//

WATTPAD REALLY NEEDS ITALICS!!!!!!!

----------

It was unnaturally quiet as I came up to Dustin's and my houses. I slowed my pace and slowly came to stop. There weren't any lights on at my house. But Will was supposed to be home, and there was no way he'd go to bed early.

I walked up the steps and onto the porch. When the steps squeaked I jumped, my heart jumping into my throat. I giggled nervously at my actions. This was my own house, what was I afraid of? I went to open the door and found it locked. I paused, confused for a second. Why was the door locked? I shrugged and pulled out my key, opening the door and stepping in.

"Will?" I called into the quiet house. No answer.

I flipped on the hall light and slowly walked down it. I became aware that I was holding my breath when I let it out slowly. My heart was still pounding hard against my rib cage. I entered the kitchen and turned on the light, locating a note on the fridge door.

I picked it up and scanned it quickly, letting out a loud laugh. It was from Will, saying he was suddenly called on a job. No wonder all the lights were off. I chuckled to myself for a few more moments before remembering why I came.

I shut the kitchen light off and hurried down the hall, switching off the light there as well and locking the door. I shut it behind me and ran across the lawn to Dustin's house, which was dark as well. I knew his parents were out for the weekend. I knocked on the door and when no one answered I opened it myself and to my surprise it was unlocked and swung open.

I entered the house and ran my hands along the wall until I found a light switch. I turned it on and light flooded the room. I slowly started for the living room. The T.V was on, but the volume was off. I walked over to it and turned it off, my palms sweaty.

"Dustin?" Why was my voice shaking?

There was no answer, so I tried a little louder. "Dustin?" Still no answer.

I made my way around the first floor of the house and still couldn't find him. I then started up the stairs to the second floor. I checked in the bathroom, and his parent's room, which were unoccupied. Finally I came to his bedroom.

I opened the door slowly, my breathing shallow. I closed my eyes and opened it fully, holding my breath, expecting someone, or something, to jump out at me. When nothing did I opened them. The room was completely empty.

I frowned and entered, not bothering to turn on the light. A clock flashed from the dresser, stuck on 12:00. Where was Dustin? I looked for traces of if he was recently here or not, but I couldn't find any.

A shrill, high-pitched wail filled my ears and I screamed, a hand flying to my heart. I whipped around, my hands in a defensive pose. Nothing was there. It took me a second to realize it was a cell phone. Dustin's. I ran over to his bed where his cell phone was flashing. The call was from Reilly.

I flipped it open, hitting the talk button and slowly putting it to my ear. An evil laugh came from it.

"Reilly?" I whispered, looking around the room alertly.

"Oh, Maddie, Maddie. You look so scared all by yourself."

Something bright came into the vision of the corner of my eye. I turned and realized it was a light. Coming from my room. At my house.

I snapped the phone shut and sprinted down the stairs, through the kitchen and finally out the door. I dashed across the yard, fumbling with the key to my house. In my haste I dropped it, and I spent a few frantic seconds trying to locate it in the grass. When my hand grasped the cool metal I stood up and ran up my steps, the squeak not even registering in my head and unlocked the door.