:Dusk Until Dawn: [Chapter: 14] //A Vampire Romance//

A sudden shrill screech woke me from my sleep and I struggled with the blankets that were piled on me until I emerged from the sea of them. I slammed my hand down on the clock and instantly regretted it.

"Ow! Ow, ow, ow!" I hissed, pulling back my hand and cradled it to my chest.

The sun poured into the room through open curtains and I squinted for a few seconds until my eyes adjusted. White bandages were wrapped around both my hands, and it took me a few seconds to remember everything that happened the night before.

I pulled my hands closed to chest. But than pulled my left hand, the one I had smacked the alarm clock with, away to look at it. It had a patch of red in the middle of the palm, and it was spreading.

"Oops."

I slid my legs over the edge of the bed and padded my way to my bathroom. I gently unwrapped my hands and threw the bandages into the waste bin. Then I hopped into the shower and did my daily morning routine before going downstairs.

"Morning!" Will greeted me cheerily. "Did you sleep well?"

"'Lo," I responded. "And I slept fine. What about yourself?"

"Well," Will hesitated. "You see..."

Loud footsteps were coming from the stairs and I turned towards the entrance, confused. Who would be here so early in the morning, and why would they be upstairs? Blonde hair was the first thing that entered my view, and then a tall body.

"Dustin?" I questioned in surprise. "What? Why in the world are you here?"

Dustin grinned. "My mom said because I was so late home last night, she wouldn't let me in the house. Even though I told her I had been a car accident! She didn't believe me! Boy will she get a shock when she reads the morning paper." He laughed before coming to sit down.

"Yeah. So I let him crash here," Will told me with a shrug. "Though I bet it would have been amusing to leave him out in the cold."

"But it was much warmer with you," Dustin teased with a smirk.

"Oh," I said with realization and a smirk slipped onto my face. "I didn't know you two were that close. Sleeping together! I didn't think you were like that either!"

"We are not like that!" Will denied with an amused look. "What? Do I look like a homosexual pedophile?"

Dustin traced a circle on the table with his finger and said innocently, "you can tell her the truth, you know. I'm sure Maddie will accept us."

Will smacked the back of Dustin's head. "Are you ready for school? You'd better get going, or you'll be late."

I threw a glance at the clock. It was exactly seven. I shoved the piece of toast that was in front of me into my mouth and quickly stood up, slinging my bag over my shoulder.

"Ready?" I asked with my mouth still filled with bread.

"Eh? Isn't Will giving us a ride?" Dustin asked confusedly.

I stared at Dustin in awe and then felt an overwhelming feeling of adoration for him. Dustin had said that without any hesitance, nor fear. Even after the crash, where Will was the driver. I frowned as I finished swallowing the rest of the toast in my mouth. But I was the one who pulled on the steering wheel...

"Unless Maddie would like to roll us there," Dustin continued, a smirk on his face. "I could always use the rush of adrenaline."

"Is that something to be joking about?" I asked him in astonishment. He acted like it had happened a few years ago, not just a few hours!