:Inject Me Sweetly: Epilogue {Version 1}

"Come on, Emily. You can do it."

     "I can't."

      "You have to."

        "I won't."

        "Just close your eyes and hold your nose or something."

       "It's impossible!"

        "Do I need to force it down your throat?"

       I narrowed my eyes at Vincent. "No."

        "Then drink it," he returned, thrusting a bag of blood toward me. "You'll like it, trust me."

        Shaking my head vehemently, I shoved his hand away. Thanks to my newfound strength, I actually managed to do so. "I won't drink it!"

        "You'll die if you don't."

         "You told me vampires don't die unless they go two weeks without drinking blood. It's only been a week for me," I pointed out.

        He scowled. "Yeah, but you'll still grow weak. What if someone comes and attacks you? How will you protect yourself?"

        I batted my eyelashes at him. "You'll protect me, won't you?"

        "Emily. Drink it."

        "Absolutely not!"

        He set his jaw, his knuckles turning white from his grasp on the bag. "I seriously will force it down your throat."

        Giving him a challenging look, I planted my hands on my hips. "Do it."

        "Come on," he groaned. "Just drink it!"

        "No! I refuse to drink human blood!"

        "You're a vampire now! You have to!"

        "No!"

        Throwing his hands up in the air in exasperation, he turned his back on me. "Fine. Whatever. You can die for all I care."

        Frowning, I crossed my arms. "That's not a very nice thing to say to your girlfriend."

        "My girlfriend who's too much of a wimp to drink blood even though if she doesn't she'll die."

        "But I was human just a week ago! I can't... It's like cannibalism!"

        Vincent shrugged. "You'll have to get used to it."

        "I can't..."

        Sighing, he turned to face me again. "Sebastian would want you to drink the blood, you know. He's probably giving you a disapproving look from wherever he is right now."

        My heart dropped into my gut. He was right. Sebastian was the one who wanted me to become a vampire in the first place. How could I let him down now? Now, when Fiona needed me the most? Swallowing my disgust, I held out my hand for the baggy. "Just... give it to me."

        "Here," Vincent said, handing the bag over. "Trust me it's not that bad. Once you get used to that, we'll go hunt a real human. They taste a lot better."

        Wrinkling my nose, I brought the bag to my lips. A surprisingly delicious smell met my nose. Instead of the scent of blood being rusty and acidic like before, it now resembled the smell of a barbeque. However, knowing it was blood I would be drinking still made me feel sick.

        "Go on," Vincent urged.

        Taking a deep breath, I screwed my eyes shut, and poured some of the liquid into my mouth. Caught off guard by its sweet taste, I half-gagged and half-gasped. The gagging reflex was just from the thought of blood pouring down my throat. A sudden thirst overwhelmed me and I poured more fluid down my throat, doing my best not to think of what I was drinking. When I finished, I tossed the back to the ground, pressing my lips together tightly.