:Inject Me Sweetly: Chapter Twenty-Six

"Emily. Emiiiily! Em! Wakey-wakey!” A pair of gentle but firm hands gripped my shoulders, lightly shaking me. “Come on, Em! Get up!”

            A low moan came from me and I tried to squirm out of the grasp of my captor. “Go away,” I ordered in a grumble.

            Giggles came from above me. “You want more alone time with Vincent?”

            “What?”

            “Sebastian is coming. I hear him now.”

            Now I was even more confused. Sebastian who? Opening my eyes sounded like the best idea, but I just wanted to sleep. So I pretended I was just hearing voices in my head and spread out further on my bed. When my leg and hand touched another body, I froze.

            “Is Emily up ye—”

            “Argh!” I cried loudly, shoving myself away from the body I recognized as Vincent’s. Unfortunately for me, the guest bed wasn’t large enough for me to push backwards without falling off it. My stomach flipped uncomfortably as I fell the two feet to the ground. I landed on my back roughly, screwing my eyes up, and holding in a shout of pain.

            “Are you up now?” a female voice, which I now recognized as Fiona’s, chirped.

            For a second I debated on pretending I’d stayed asleep through the ordeal, but I figured she’d be able to tell I was awake by my heartbeat. The next thought I had was to kick her in that face. That one was also dismissed swiftly. If I tried that, chances were I’d break my foot, not her face.

            “Emily?”

            My eyes shot open and automatically met bright green ones. It took me a second to register the rest of Sebastian’s face. When I did, I immediately sat up, nearly bashing our heads. “Sebastian!”

            He chuckled, holding out a hand to me. “Good morning, Emily. Or should I say afternoon?”

            “Sure! Ignore me!” Fiona protested grumpily.

            “What time is it?” I inquired, looking for any type of clock in the room. It only took a few seconds for me to realize there were no time-telling devices in the room.

            “It’s time for you guys to shut up and get out.”

            Fiona pursed her lips at Vincent, who was now glowering at all of us. “I see sleeping in the same bed with people makes your morning grumpiness rub off of them.” Her eyes twinkled in amusement. “I bet it’d rub off more if you two—”

            “Get out,” Vincent repeated in a hard tone. “I’m sleeping.”

            “It’s noon,” Sebastian stated, half answering my question, half informing Vincent. “You should get up. It’s not healthy to sleep this late.”

            Vincent snorted, burrowing himself under the comforters. “For humans. Vampires are different and you know that.”

            Without warning, I threw myself at Sebastian, wrapping my arms around him in the hug I’d been holding back. “Don’t argue! I want to have a nice day where we all get along!”

            “I didn’t realize you were trying to perform a miracle,” he responded with a deep chuckle, returning my hug.

            “Sebastian.”