:Dusk Until Dawn: [Chapter: End] //A Vampire Romance//

Graduation was a time for memories, relief, tears, laughter and everything in between. That also meant it was a time for huge, expensive, out of control graduation parties. Which was exactly what was going on at the moment.

"We are free now!" Emmett commented over the blare of music, nudging me in the ribs with his elbow. "No more waking up at five a.m.!"

I resisted the urge to elbow him back, because if I did it, I would've broken his ribs by accident. Even after six months, I still couldn't control my strength have the time. That usually led to broken utensils at work. That I had to eventually pay for.

"No more annoying teachers or freshmen!" Kim continued nearly shouting to be heard over the surround sound, appearing from nowhere at my side.

"Not to mention no more school lunches!" Mel added, at Kim's side. "Awesome party, by the way, Maddie."

"It wasn't really me," I responded, grimacing. "Damian just put me as a host on the invitation for some reason."

Mel shrugged. "At least this place is a good place to hold a party!"

A pair of arms wrapped around my shoulders and I looked up, expecting to see Damian, but to my surprise it was Dustin. He grinned at the other three.

"Sorry, but I'm going to steal Maddie away for a bit," he nearly shouted over the music.

The other three nodded and waved me away. I gripped Kim's arm and mouthed the words 'save me'. She laughed and pushed me away. Dustin dragged me out to the dance floor and into the tangled mess of people already there.

"Let's dance."

I rolled my eyes, but danced with him anyways. "What do you want?"

Dustin shrugged, his body moving to the beat. "Just to dance. Where's the bloodsucker?"

I frowned. "You do know you're insulting yourself now, don't you?"

Dustin scowled. "Just answer the question."

I pointed to the DJ stand, where Damian was going through a box of CDs, throwing them in various boxes. Dustin located him and nodded, turning back to me with a grin.

"I never thanked you, Maddie."

"Thanked me?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. "For what?"

"Well... let me apologize first actually."

"For what?" I repeated, rolling my eyes. "You're confusing me."

"I apologize for attacking you that night when Reilly infected me with that drug," Dustin said, looking down at the floor. "I'm sorry. I can't really remember much, but I know I... It's my fault you're this way now."

I lightly punched him in the shoulder, shaking my head. "Geez Dustin. Don't worry about that anymore. What's done is done. And my... change was bound to happen soon anyway. There was no stopping it. This was just a little sooner than I had imagined."

Dustin sighed. "I'd rather have not had this happen at all."

I frowned, but didn't say anything. I couldn't say I agreed, because than I couldn't be with Damian. But I couldn't say I disagreed, because I liked being human. But not as much as Dustin did.

"Well what's the thank you for then?" I asked, changing the topic.

"Oh," Dustin started with a grin, "well for you know, having that blood sucker help me out."

"You shouldn't be thanking me. You should thank him."

Dustin scoffed. "There's no way I'd thank him."