III. Night Terror

Trenton, New Jersey

(ah'-neh-lees)Anneliese Hudson"Night Terror"

(ah'-neh-lees)
Anneliese Hudson
"Night Terror"

Dear Universe,
I write to you everyday asking the same question over and over again. I ask "why?" every time, but you never give me an answer. Sometimes I wonder if your doing this to me on purpose. To teach me a lesson that I have yet to figure out.

I ask "why" because I really want to know...why?

Why give me this life?

Why do this to me?

An innocent child that done nothing to anyone.

Why?

"ANNELIESE!"

I quickly look up from my notebook once I heard my dad. I heard him shout my name again and I let out a small sigh. I shut my notebook putting it back in the box.

"ANNELIESE!" My dad shouted again.

"I'm coming!" I attempted to shout back, but it came out as a whisper. I lock my box then grabbed a hoodie putting it on.

Unlocking my room door, I walked out heading downstairs. Each step that I took, I thought about what my dad could possibly want from me. I had already washed the dishes, cleaned the kitchen and living room. I even cooked like he wanted me to, so what could he possibly need.

I walked in the kitchen seeing my dad standing behind the counter. He quickly look up at me and I could see the anger in his face.

"Why the fuck do I need to call you three times to come down?" He asked sternly, walking from behind the counter and over to me. I backed up until my back hit the wall.

"Do you hear me talking to you?" He asked still yelling at me. I tried to talk, but couldn't do so. I don't know why, but I always found it hard to speak when someone yelled at me.

Especially when it was my dad.

Just talk Anneliese before he hit you

It was like my mind was telling me to do one thing, but my lips said otherwise. And the outcome wasn't going to be pretty for me. My dad raised his hand quickly then slap me across the face. He grabbed my neck roughly as tears start to cascade down my cheek.

"When I fucking call, you answer." He said sternly, gripping my neck tighter.

"I'm sorry." I apologize which sounded like a mouse squeaking.