XII. Midnight City

Trenton, New Jersey

Anneliese Hudson"Midnight City"

Anneliese Hudson
"Midnight City"

Not that I don't got good vision, but I don't see competition
They want me to come and help them but I am not a magician
I'm on them fo-fours I'm tipping, you better move out my way
I am not here to play, Pinkprint can't be delayed

Win Again by Nicki Minaj played on my tv as I sat in front of my dresser. I look at the little bit of clothes I had that were laid out in front of me. Summer was just a week away and the weather was already getting hot. It was getting to that time where the hoodies had to go sadly.

But, that was really all I had. Hoodies, sweatshirts, sweats, long sleeves. Basically, I didn't have any summer clothes. Not to mention, but I was starting my two new jobs this summer.

Since I was a sophomore in high school, I was the team manager for my high school football team; Trenton Central Tornadoes. The coach had a likening in me and not the weird type of likening.

Even though I was antisocial, I was able to get the work done. Plus, my major was in sports medicine so I basically was the perfect fit for the job. I couldn't get paid while I was in school, but now that I was of age the money was gonna come my way. I was also going to babysit from time to time just to make extra cash on the side.

I was looking forward to going back to an occupation I adored. I felt comfortable in the football scenery and even though I barely talked to the boys, they were still nice to me.

I let out a small sigh already knowing what I had to do. I needed money for new clothes and at the moment, I didn't have enough. And only person I could ask for money was my dad.

"I can't wait to start working." I mumbled standing up. I paused the music on my tv then grabbed my phone.

I put on my slides before heading out my room. Walking downstairs, I heard my dad grumbling. I sigh, getting myself together before walking in the kitchen. He stood behind the counter staring at papers in front of him. I walked over and he look up at me.

"Hell do you want?" He asked aggressively and I tuck in my lips

"I need to ask you two things." I told him tapping my nails on the counter, lightly.

"I hope one of them things is asking where you can find a damn job at. All these bills and your not helping with shit." He remarked and I roll my eyes.

"I mean I would be helping if you didn't make me quit my other job just cause you wanted me home. I also go food shopping every now and then, so I help." I told him.