Chapter XXXIV. Remmber Me

Trenton, New Jersey

Anneliese Hudson"Remember Me"

Anneliese Hudson
"Remember Me"

I sigh to myself as I stood up to my full height. I lean back a little, stretching. Putting my hands on my hips, I look down at the box full of my dads stuff. I was packing all his things for when my grandma comes to get it.

She was leaving today finally, so she needed all my dad things. I'm not sure what took her so damn long to finally leave, but today was the damn day. And right before the Fourth of July was even better for me. While I pack my dad things up, I kept thinking about the house.

I knew for sure I wasn't going to be able to pay for any of the bills. But, if I didn't then sadly imma end up losing the house. I still needed a place to rest my head, so all of this was some bull. Of course, I had to be left alone and deal with this on my own like always.

I let out another sigh then continued putting things in the box. I cleaned out one of the drawers then shut it and going to the last. Once I opened it, I only seen a chest. I took it out and examined it.

Usually, I would mind my business and not touch my dad things. But, since he wasn't here, I could do what the hell I wanted. I walked to the bed and sat down, placing the chest on my lap. I seen it had a combination lock on it and I groan lowly.

"I don't know this mans birthday." I mumbled to myself, assuming it was my dad's birthday.

I know he was born in August. The date I'm not so sure about. Then again it might not be his birthday since the chest look girly. My second guess was my moms birthday, but shit I didn't know that either.

"Fuck it." I said then started putting in random numbers.

1-2-3-4; nope.

1-1-2-3; nope.

2-2-3-4; nope.

4-5-6-7; nope.

I groaned again, tossing my head back. This was some bullshit. I took a deep breath, calming myself down before I ended up destroying the box. And I wanted to know what was inside it badly. I look back at it then decided to try one date that came to mind.

Since this was in possession of my dads, I doubt that was it. But, it was worth the try. I scrolled through the numbers until it landed on the right ones, 11/16; my birthday and the day my mom passed.

Once I put the numbers in, I pulled on the lock and it opened. I took off the lock, placing it beside me then opened the chest. All that was inside was a bunch of pictures, a letter and a necklace box. I took out the box then opened it seeing a gold locket necklace.