XXVIII. Abnormal Meeting

Trenton, New Jersey

Onest Simmons "Abnormal Meeting"

Onest Simmons
"Abnormal Meeting"

I quickly look up once my phone was snatched out my hand.

"Hiiii!" My mom dragged, waving in my face. "Welcome back to earth, I'm your mother. I'm glad your back."

I smack my lips, "Why?" I asked.

"You been in your phone since you got here, so I wanted to make sure your the technology didn't take over your brain cells. Do you know where you are now?" She asked being smart and I stale face her.

She love joking, but the moment I mention how she 37 and short as fuck, then we have a problem.

"I know where I'm at ma'am." I told her and she nodded her head.

"Good, now who you texting-"

"Yeah, privacy." I cut her off, leaning forward and taking my phone from her. She raise her brow at me, putting her hands on her hips.

"Oh really?" She asked and I nodded my head, locking my phone.

"Yes, really." I retorted and I heard her kiss her teeth.

"Mhm, who the girl?" She asked and I tuck in my lips.

"Ion know what you talking bout." I lied, shrugging my shoulders.

When I say this lady nosy as fuck. She don't know how to mind her business for shit.

"Get slapped up if you want too, Keanu." She said, sitting down beside me.

"Can you not call me by my middle name please woman." I told her and she roll her eyes.

"I call you what I wanna call you. Now, answer my question, who the girl?" She asked again.

I started playing with my phone, smiling a little as I thought about Lia. Girl already got me smiling when someone mention her.

"So, I'm guessing she's a good one since she have you smiling." My mom and I chuckled a little.

"Yeah, she's a good one. Her name is Anneliese, but I call her Lia. She's beautiful like really beautiful. And different than other girls." I told her, still smiling.

"When you say different, you mean she's not running around acting buck wild like she have no home training?" She asked and I nodded my head.