XLVIII. Starting New

Trenton, New Jersey
*excuse any errors*

Trenton, New Jersey *excuse any errors*

Anneliese Hudson
"Starting New"

I picked up the phone, putting it to my ear.

"You look stressed. Are you okay?" My dad asked and I nodded my head.

I came to visit just to let him know what was going on. I mean after all I literally just sold his house, so I figure he should know.

"I'm fine just tired and a little hungry. No biggy though." I answered, shrugging my shoulders.

"Well, you should eat and get some rest." He told me and I nodded my head.

"I will, I promise. But, I came so I could talk to you. I ended up selling the house to some couple a few days ago." I told him, expecting him to be mad. But, instead he just nodded his head.

"Did you get paid cause a lot of times realtors don't pay on time." He said and I nodded my head.

"I got paid, I actually got it today. I got myself an apartment in Ewing Township too and I'm going to be getting everything today. And I'm able to attend this online school, so I'm doing that too." I told him and he smile.

"I see your doing big things." He said and I chuckled a little, nodding my head.

"Yeah, I'm learning to do things that'll benefit me and get me where I want in life. Since I love being with kids, I'm thinking maybe being a teacher or something."

"Your mom was a nanny for some time until she stopped. So, I'm guessing her way with kids passed down to you."

"Yeah, but I'm still a little skeptical about it. I'm not sure how the whole school thing will work out."

"You'll be fine, trust me. Your a highly educated young lady, so everything will be alright." He told me and I smile a little.

"Thanks, I appreciate it."

"Your welcome and while we're talking about that, I wanted to mention something to you." He told me.

The tone of his voice quickly changed to a serious one. I sat up straight in the chair preparing myself for whatever he was about to say.

"So, I have money that I'm giving you. It's in this bank account that I haven't touched since your mom was here. Me and her had been putting money in it every chance we gotten. After she passed, I had stopped but I started back up. I'm not sure how much is in there, but I know there's enough." He told me and I raise my brow.