Chapter XXXIX. What You Don't Know

Greensboro, North Carolina
*excuse mistakes if any*

Greensboro, North Carolina *excuse mistakes if any*

Onest Simmons
"What You Don't Know"

"My grandma was and still is an asshole. I swear I hate that woman." Lia said, leaning her head on my arm.

"I guess we both don't like our grandmas cause mine a bitch. Sorry Mrs. Hudson." I apologized to Lia mom. Lia hit my arm and I chuckled.

"What? I can't be cursing in front of my future mother-in-law. That's disrespectful." I told her and she shook her head, laughing.

"Yeah, whatever. I'm happy you came with me though." She muttered, I lean down kissing her forehead.

"Your welcome babygirl."

We sat in silence for a couple a minutes. It was nice to see her mom even though it really wasn't an interaction. It was close to it though. Lia look just like her mom, they both were very beautiful. Which makes me wonder about her dad and what he did. How could you do this to a girl that look just like the woman you claim you loved.

It just didn't make sense. I look over soon as I heard people coming over. I was able to see four people who look like they were approaching us. I wasn't too sure until they finally came up to us.

"May we ask who y'all are?" One dude asked in an aggressive tone. He was on the shorter side, dark skin with a low fade.

He was with some woman that was holding his hand and two elders who I assumed were a couple.

"Nah, but we can. Who y'all?" I retorted looking up at them.

"I'm not in the mood for the games or the stupidity. So, move on away from my sister grave." He told us. Lia and I look over at each other before getting up.

"Man 'bout disrespectful as fuck." I said, pulling up my pants.

"Ion think your sister would like that, you know." I remarked looking at the man.

"You don't know my sister, so keep being disrespectful and it won't end pretty for you." He threaten and I chuckled.

"Shit it won't end pretty for you actually." I mumbled, Lia putting her hand out in front of me.

"Umm, let's start over. My name is Anneliese and I'm your niece, your sister daughter." Lia told them, putting her hand out in front of him.

Ion know why this girl was so damn friendly to people that are assholes to her. She gotta work on that shit. I watched as the guy look down at her hand then back at her.