Chapter XXXVII. On The Road

Trenton, New Jersey

Onest Simmons "On The Road"

Onest Simmons
"On The Road"

"Make sure you cleaning them dishes well little boy." My mom told me.

I smack my lips then pointed the sprayer at her, wetting her.

"Now, I'm finna beat ya ass." She told me and I started laughing.

"Chill, I'm sorry." I apologized quickly moving away from her. I kept laughing as she wipe her face.

"Lia finna be sleeping alone tonight cause I'm gon' kill you." She threatened, I suck my teeth going back to the sink.

"Yeah, aight. But, you know I love you right?" I asked before I asked my question.

I needed her to let me off work for a couple days since Lia and I were heading down to North Carolina. She finally built up the courage to go see her mom and we were planning on leaving tonight. One thing that was messing it up was work.

I wasn't trying to leave my mom to work by herself since Jasmine and Sasha weren't here to help. She hired a few new people, but I'm not sure if they started yet. Regardless, I didn't want her to be here by herself. But, then again I was tryna leave.

"Whatchu need little boy?" She asked.

"Ion even need anything, I'm just telling my mom I love her." I lied, I glance over at her seeing she was staring at me.

"Aight, I do need something." I finally admitted.

"I knew you did. Now, what is it?" She asked and I wipe my hands on my towel then lean on the sink.

"So, I'm wondering if you'll let me off work for a few days. A week would be good." I told her.

"A week? No, I'm not doing that. I need you here to help me out, O. You know I don't have anyone here right now." She told me and I nodded my head.

"I know and I don't want to leave you, but Lia and I are going down to North Carolina." I told her.

"And what the hell are y'all going down there for? It better not be for anything stupid."

"It's not, she wants to see her mom." I told her and she raise her brow.

"Her mom can't come down here to see her or she can't go by herself?"

"Her mom is dead." I told her, not really wanting to say it since I respected Lia personal life.

I know she don't want people in her business and I respect that. Reason why I was hesitant to actually tell my mom why.