LXI. One More Try

Trenton, New Jersey
*excuse errors if any*

Trenton, New Jersey *excuse errors if any*

Omniscient
"One More Try"

A baby will make
love stronger,
days shorter,
nights longer,
bank balance smaller,
home happier,
clothes dirty,
the past forgotten,
and the future worth living for

Once she took her blindfold off, Lia mouth dropped open looking around the hall seeing the pretty decorations.

"Aww, it's so pretty." She cooed, she look back at Onest seeing him smiling.

"You like it?" She asked, he look down at her nodding his head.

Lia seen Jade and she waddled over to her. The two embraced each other in a hug, rocking side to side.

"Do you like it love?" Jade asked once they pulled apart.

"Yes, I do. It looks so amazing." Lia answered, looking around again.

She loved the elephant theme Jade had done and how cute it look

She loved the elephant theme Jade had done and how cute it look. She was actually happy to have a friend that was willing to do this for her. Happy she had someone as amazing as Jade.

"Well, it's nice to see you again." Jade said giving Onest a head nod.

"Nice to see you too." He said back and Lia chuckled.

"So, I'm not going to be that friend that hates her best friend boyfriend. But, if you fuck with her or my nephew I will kill you. We cool?" Jade asked, giving him a serious look.

Onest nodded his head, "We cool." He told her and she smile.

"Good, now go see ya family boy. And control ya grandma before I kick her out. I don't have any shame punching an old lady." Jade told them before she walked off.

Lia chuckled, shaking her head. That was her best friend!

She grabbed Onest hand and they headed over to his family. His side of the family were the only ones that came including Amir, Kalyan and Amaya. Seeing all Onest family around sorta made Lia upset, but she was fine. She was able to create her own little family that she would love through thick and thin.

Her family had missed out on this beautiful moment. No one else to blame besides them. Lia was over trying to find an excuse for her family actions. A reason for why they did what they did. She was over it and moved on from all of it. She was living her life and that's all she wanted to do.

That's what she was going to do.

After greeting all of the family, the two of them sat in their chairs in the front. Blue by Beyoncé started playing on the speaker and everyone started doing their own thing.

Lia pulled out her phone going to the camera. She look at herself, fixing her hair and her light blue Dani silk dress.

"My boobs got so big." She grabbed her breast then turned to Onest.

"Baby, look at my boobs." She told him and he look at her.

"You just grabbing them out in public?" He asked and she chuckled.

"Yup, gotta grab my big ole titties and show them some love. Baby Isaiah sucking on one titty and you on the other." She told him, Onest raise his brow then shook his head.

"I'm not sucking your titty, Lia."

"Don't act like you don't like sucking titties now."

"I-okay."

"That's what I thought."

დ︎დ︎დ︎

The night went by fast and now the two were at Lia apartment. She was opening the rest of her gifts that she didn't open at the shower. With the little bit of people that came, she sure did get a lot of gifts. A lot of them coming from Jade herself.

She had went all out and made sure she got everything, literally.

"Imma have to treat Jade to something." Lia muttered to herself, opening yet another gift from her.

As she continued looking at her gifts, Onest walked into the living room. He took a seat next to her on the floor.

"You okay?" She asked, glancing over at him.

"Yeah, I'm good. You?" He asked and she nodded her head.

"I'm fine. I'm going to take Jade out to thank her for everything." She told him.

"That's cool, I wanna tell you something though." He said, Lia raising her brow.

"Wassup?"

"I have an event down in Houston next week." He told her and her eyes widened.

"Really?" She asked and he nodded his head. "That's good. Bringing in some big money."

"Yeah, but I'm not going." He said and she frown.

"And why not? You don't think I'll be upset about it, do you? Cause I won't." She told him and he shook his head.

"Nah, I just don't want to right now. I kinda don't want to deal with music at the moment since I'm trying to be on your type thing."

"My thing?"

"Yeah, a self discovery journey. I wanna go on one, so I can love myself like you said. Plus, I'm kinda scared to be alone mentally and emotionally. And I need to figure that out for myself. I'm sure you don't really hear this type of stuff coming from a man, but I really need it." He told her, truthfully.

It was time and he knew that.

Lia nodded her head, "You know where your going to start?"

He nodded his head, "Yeah, first let go of my dad situation. I feel as though once I move past that then I can get the rest." He answered.

"Well, that's good. You sure about this though? I mean are you going to stop music for this?"

"I'm not going to stop, but I'll limit myself to events until I'm really ready. Plus, I wanna be here for you in case anything happens if you're okay with."

She grabbed his chin, pecking his lips. "Of course I'm okay with it and while you're on your journey, imma be right here for you. Always."

"Always."

დ︎დ︎დ︎

A lot of y'all thought the last chapter was the last and it wasn't. The NEXT CHAPTER is the official last chapter y'all