LVI. Under The Mistletoe

Trenton, New Jersey

Onest Simmons"Under The Mistletoe"

Onest Simmons
"Under The Mistletoe"

"I'm not trying to be rude, but why did your mom choose to marry a white man?" Benjamin asked and I shrugged my shoulders.

It was Christmas Day and everyone was at my moms house for dinner. My grandparents, cousins and uncles were here. Including Cosmo parents and his sister. I genuinely didn't want to be here with all these people, but my mom forced me to come. It was a family dinner, so I had to come and shit.

"Ion know man, that's her business not mine." I answered, leaning back on the couch.

My phone started going off again and I look at it. I roll my eyes seeing it was Sky steady texting me. She kept sending me random messages saying my name and all type of bull crap. I went to her contact and deleted it out my phone then lock it.

"Onest, babe go get the door!" I heard my mom shout. I got up off the couch then went to the door.

I opened it and seen Lia. A smile grew on my face when I seen her.

"I didn't know you was coming." I said, stepping to the side and she walked in.

"Your mom invited me after I told her I wasn't doing anything. I made cookies too." She said handing me the box, I shut the door then took them from her.

"I'm glad you came." I said, she gave me her usual beautiful smile.

"Now, now lemme go see my mom." She said walking off. I chuckled walking after her, going in the kitchen.

"Hi momma!" Lia exclaimed. I smile to myself watching her and my mom embrace each other in a hug. I place the box on the counter then lean back.

"Aww, look at you baby. Your getting so big." My mom told her touching Lia stomach. I smirk seeing her stomach was poking out a little.

I still couldn't believe she was carrying my child.

"You done got the girl pregnant, typical." I heard my grandma say and I roll my eyes.

"Let's not Lorena." My grandfather told her.

"Anyway, before it turns to something it's not. Dinner is ready everyone, gather around the table." My mom told everyone.

We all gathered in the dining room, I pulled out the chair and Lia sat down. I took a seat beside her while the rest of my family settled down.