XVI. Hold Me

Trenton, New Jersey

Anneliese Hudson"Hold Me"

Anneliese Hudson
"Hold Me"

I stare at the posters that were on the wall. The door opened and the same woman from the other day, Jackie, walked in with another lady doctor. She gave me a small smile and I returned one as she walked over to me.

"Okay, Anneliese right?" The doctor asked and I nodded my head.

"Yes, Anneliese Hudson." I told her and she nodded her head.

"Alright, I know you might feel distressed, but it's going to be fine. Nurse Jackie will be here with you throughout the whole process. The procedure will be done in no time, okay?" She asked me, I nodded my head.

"It'll be fine hon." Jackie told me, I look over at her and she gave me a smile.

"Alright, before we get started..." the doctor paused looking at me. "Are you having any second thoughts?" she asked me.

I started playing with my fingers then look over at Jackie.

"It's okay love."

I nodded my head looking back at the doctor. "No." I answered.

"Okay, then we'll get started. Just lean back at for me and prop your legs up." She told me and I did as told. I leaned back then propped my legs up on the pedestals.

Jackie stood next to me, she push my curls away from my face. She reached for my hand, holding it tight and started rubbing it with her thumb.

"Your going to be fine." She told me. I look up at the ceiling just as I heard the machine come on.

"This will hurt a bit." The doctor told me and I nodded my head.

I shut my eyes tightly as she entered the machine inside me. It was painful and I started crying feeling the intense sting. I gripped Jackie hand tighter as it started to hurt more.

"It's okay hon."

დ︎დ︎დ︎

I swallow the huge lump in my throat as I sat there in silence. I stare out the window, biting my nails. I ripped off some of my hanging skin on my finger which caused me to bleed a little.

"So, like whatchu have to do that made you come all the way downtown?" Onest asked bringing me back to reality.

I look over at him then look away quickly. I needed someone to come pick me up after the procedure and Onest was the only person I could call. I figured he wouldn't make a big deal out of it and I was fine with that. Of course I didn't tell him why I came down here cause I didn't want to judged.