Chapter 16: Train Cars and Love Stories

Frowning, I randomly press another button in the shower. Yellow goo falls and hits the floor. "Ugh" I sigh. A young red-head, who looks about 19 comes running in. An avox. She presses the red button. The third button in the fourth column. Got it.

"Thank you miss" I reply gratefully. She nods frantically, hair falling out of her perfect tidy bun. She runs out and I lock the door, returning to the bathroom.

My bedroom is very similar to the train decor; Blood red carpet with black swirls, the bottom half of the wall is black, the top is red. My bed is red with red, black and gold pillows. It has red curtains. But that's no surprise.

Jumping into the warm shower I let out a satisfactory "aah" as the water hits my back. This is my first ever hot shower, ever. Enobaria is actually very nice, surprisingly. She asked me about my family, friends and training.

I told her everything; from my father to my slightly abusive mother. When the subject of Cato came up, she saw straight through me, knew I love him. Of course she wont be able to make it to the reply of the reaping or dinner. So I have to memorise the tributes and then go to her room and tell her.

Vanilla and lilac. That's what my hair now smells like thanks to the capitol products. Its quite nice actually. I wring out my hair for a final time before stepping out. Suddenly the floor opens up and I scream, prepared to fall.

When I don't feel gravity having its effect on me, I look down. There is a vent underneath my feet blowing hot air up onto my body. Amazing, my body is dry and my hair falls in silky waves down past my shoulders.

I look in the mirror at myself, mouth still agape. I shut it quickly and slip on my underware and bra. I plonk myself onto the chair that's in front of the vanity. Then I see it; a hairbrush. Only rich people use them. I always used my fingers to comb out the knots. This day is actually looking up alright.

I take it in my hand, the bristles are firm but wouldn't pull out your hair. The handle is black with golden painted flowers. I slowly raise it to my head and pull it through my hair with ease. For the next 15 minutes, I sit brushing through the same piece of hair.

"Clove, sweetie, dinners ready" Darcy's voice yells. "Ugh Ok, I'll be there in a minute'' I can hear her heels click off the tiled hallway floor as she leaves. I quickly brush out the rest of my hair and return it to its place on the vanity and then slip on my reaping dress. I make sure I'm still wearing my jewellery, which I am. I then put on a pair of thick grey socks.

I run- well slide down to the dining cart in my socks. The doors open once they sense me. I slowly walk in and smile, I take a seat next to Cato, Brutus faces him and Darcy is at the top of the table.

"Sorry Enobaria couldn't make it" Darcy starts. "Tomorrow, we will arrive at the capitol, where ye will meet your prep teams, then your stylist, for the tribute parade" she gushes out.

I feel hate rise in me, when I see all the food on the table, this could feed my family for months. I pull this purple pasty onto my plate, the two boys are stuffing themselves while Darcy looks at them in disgust.

I cut a small bit off with my fork and put it in my mouth. The pastry breaks into millions of pieces, as I get a taste of cream, cheese and ham. Yum. I savour it greatly.

After eating it, with its rich flavours, I feel extremely full. So I stand up. "Where are you going Clove?" Darcy asks. "I'm full" I reply coldly. "No room for dessert, it chocolate" she says and Cato chuckles, I've only every had chocolate once. And that's thanks to Cato, I can't resist it.

I sigh and sit down as the red-head avox puts a plate of cake in front of me.

*****************************************

Walking to Enobaria's room after the reaping, is pointless. It's pitch black, I can't see 5 meters in front of me. After another 10 minutes I find her room.

"Ok, what happened at the reaping?" she asks smiling, showing her golden pointed teeth.

"In District 1, a girl named Glimmer volunteered, I don't know why, she looks like she can't hit the broad side of a barn, shes tall, kinda pretty. You know you get that slut vibe off her" She nods her head.

"Marvel volunteered as well, he's also tall, big arms, I say he does spears and he looks kinda goofy" She chuckles slightly.

"In 4, Rayna volunteered, she looks chirpy, use full but the boy Eamon is about 13, he'll die in the bloodbath. From 5, a girl that looks like a fox got picked, her names Eliza, looks super smart. There was a crippled boy from 10. A little girl named Rue was chosen from 11, she's 12, she reminds me of my sister and this giant named Thresh was picked as-well. He's bigger then Cato.And in 12 a girl named Katniss volunteered for her sister, cheek of her"

"You have a good memory" I smile. "I was thinking of Cato and yourself, watch this, it remind me of ye" I nod and thank her. she tells me to look pretty tomorrow for the capitol. I sigh.

**********************************

I put in the tape and it starts loading, when there is a hard knocking on my door. I open it and the avox bursts it. She looks around my room and then throws something at me. My locket my hand goes to my neck, where its missing.

She scribbles something on a piece of paper and gives it to me. It reads: 'I found this outside your room, how do you know that girl? I'm ilayna by the way' I look and the picture of Izabelle is up.

"She's my cousin, why?" I ask

She hands me another paper: 'She's my cousin too, her mother's name is Hayzelle and her father is Padraig' I nod slowly.

"So are we related?" she nods her head. Another paper is thrown my way: 'That's why i became an avox my parents died when i was young so when Padraig was killed I threatened to rebel and this happened to me, my father always spoke of a younger brother named Derec he never met'

"That's my fathers name, so were cousins?" I ask

She nods and I pull her into a hug. She stays for awhile and when she leaves I watch the video.

Enobaria thinks this reminds her of us?. It was of Enobaria's game. Her and her best-friend Cordon volunteered, so did a girl named Nadine and a boy name Falco from one. Falco loved Nadine but she loved Cordon, so when Cordon and Enobaria kissed one night in the games, Nadine managed to get Falco to help her kill Cordon, when Enobaria found out she went insane and killed them, and when she got to the bottom two, she bit out her opponents throat.

Wow, will that happen to me if Cato dies, but I won't let him die.

*******************************

As we pull up to the capitol, I review my look once more, my hair is down, i have a green silk dress on, the skirt flows out as i move, it has a small gold belt around the waist with gold heels.

"Wave and smile" Enobaria says. So I do. The doors open and all I hear is "Cato, Clove" "Cato, Clove" I smile and walk out.

************************************

A/N: Im so sorry i was sick ova Christmas but here it is i will try to update tomorrow i promise, thanks 4 supporting me on this. VOTE, COMMENT AND FAN. ESPECIALLY COMMENT PLEASE