Chapter 25: Tracker Jackers.

A/n; when you see (NOW) play explosions by ellie goulding.. its fitting

************************

31st July

************************

We run. That's all we can do if we want to catch her. She's a fast runner. I shoukd be faster, but over my ankle I'm limping along with Peeta while they all charge ahead.

She runs out of the lake and into the dense forest. Cato is about five meters ahead of Marvel, who's about five meters ahead of me.

Suddenly, I've lost her. Then I see her black jacket. She scales the tree like I would, quickly and swiftly. We top at the end of the tree. Cato looks hopefully at me. I know what he's asking. Can I climb. I shake my head no. He sighs. Stupid ankle.

''We got you now Fire Girl" Marvel sings.

''That won't help you Katniss" Glimmer roars as Katniss scales higher.

''This is the end Fire Girl" I laugh.

''Bye bye'' Rayna teases.

She looks panicked. Well who wouldn't? I notice all she has is that orange pack, and my knife. The knife I threw at her. Oh she's a gonner now. God I sound like Cato.

''Hows everything with you?" She questions. I sneer.

''Well enough. Yourself?" Cato replies.

''The weathers a little hot for my taste, the airs better up here, why don't you come up?"!

''You know what, I think I will'' Cato laughs.

That's when I see the huge burn on her leg. I can almost see her bone. At least I'm a right-hand. It was my left arm that got burned.

''Take my bow Cato" Glimmer says handing him the bow.

''Ill do better with my sword" he says pushing it away

He starts to climb the tree, sword in left hand, ready to strike. Please Cato, please remember what we learned in training. Slowly.

About a quater of the way, Katniss moves up farther. He quickens his pace.

''C'mon Cato' Rayna yells to him. ''C'mon''

''Go Cato, go Cato, c'mon" Glimmer squels.

''Kill her Cato, get her Cato, NOW" I yell at him.

''Go'' Marvel laughs. ''Go''

''Kill her Cato NOW" I demand.

He gets a little relaxed but quickens up. He smirks. ''Im gonna getcha" he calls to Katniss.

He reachs up to grab the next branch. He must be 30'ft up now. He's improving.

THUD!!!!!!!!!!!!

He falls to the floor. I roll my eyes and resist the urge to help him up. He looks at Glimmer in anger?

''God, I'll do it myself'' Glimmer moans.

She climbs about 10'ft. Then the branches start creaking. She shoots it up and it hits the trunk. She curses loudly and hops down. Katniss pulls the arrow out of the tree and waves it around. Mocking Glimmer.

She takes another shot, but misses her and the the tree by about a meter.

''Give that to me" Cato grunts. He doesn't get any closer.

''W-why don't you throw the sword?" I look at the sword on Cato's back and the look up at her. I whisper a 'Waa?' To myself.

''Guys, why don't we just leave her up there, she has to come down at some stage. Otherwise she'll starve right? We'll just wait her out''