Chapter 27: Explosions

*********************

5 August 3113 (7th day in arena)

*********************

Cato's POV

She fell limp in Marve arms and I sighed. I took her off Marvel, carrying her bridal style.God, I hate how her head and arms hand back like she's dead.

I don't get anything from Rayna, we have everything we need back at camp.

''What the hell was that?" Marvel says, a look of fear in his eyes.

''Enobaria sent us a sedative drug, she'll wake up tonight'' I reply.

''Oh, well alright then, we better get back to camp'' Marvel rushes out.

I nod and we start walking towards Honnu and the cornuccopia.

**************************

Once the cornuccopia is in sight, Marvel sighs angrily

''Sorry, its my fault that Rayna's dead and Clove is 'sedated' sorry'' he apologizes, using finger quotes on sedated.

''Its alright, I guess, but tell Clover that'' I laugh, he stiffens.

''Shit, she'll kill me, God help us if anything ever happened to you...... She'd kill us all and go insane'' Marvel jokes, but he's probably right.

I lay Clove's 'sedated' body in the cornuccopia, praying I didn't 'sedate' her too much.

I walk out and over to Marvel and Honnu. 'Well, I'm gonna set some snares'' Marvel says out of nowhere.

''We have lots of food, that's stupid.'' I roll my eyes.

''Human snares'' he says in monotone.

''Then there called traps you moron'' I say running a hand through my hair.

''Yeah well, them so'' he says and runs off into the dense forest.

I sit on a crate and drink a bottle of water.

''W-where are the girls?" Honnu shakes.

''Rayna's dead, Clove's in the cornuccopia'sedated' '' I explain in a monotone.

''You s-sedated your girlfriend?" He questions.

''Thats what I said isn't it?" I say sarcastically. ''It was a sponsor parachute''

''Did you say R-Rayne is dead?"

''YES I FLIPPEN' DID, JEEZ GET HEARING AIDS!!!!!!!!!!" I yell. He wimpers.

''And its Rayna, not Rayne'' I say stomping off towards the lake. ''WATCH CLOVE"

********************

I slip on my dry t-shirt and make my way back to camp. Marvel is arguing with Honnu about something stupid.

I ignore them both and walk into the cornuccopia to see Clove. Her body is stil except for her chest moving up and down at a regular pace.

I let her head fall on my lamp and I absent-mindedly stroke her darker then dark chocolate hair.

I slowly fall off to sleep. Dreaming of paradise.

***********************

I walk in home from training, children that is, I do it ocasionally. I see Clove and I are living in a house in the victors village.

''Daddy, Daddy'' I turn to see the cutest little four year old boy running towards me. A little girl about seven comes sprinting out to me. Her blonde hair is in wavy pigtails unlike her brothers dark hair.