Chapter 81: Misunderstandings.

Clove's POV

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

21 March 3115 (4 months after previous chapter )

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Just one more push Clove!" My nurse assures me.

I wheeze once more, I shut my eyes, bite my lip and stop the circulation in Cato's hand by squeezing it.

I push my feet against the metal bed bar. I let out a scream of pain. A bead of sweat drips down my forehead.

Cato whispers more encouraging words to me but my yelps of pain block them out. I feel a ball of pressure build up in my stomach, I know it's Asher.

I make really weird "In, out. In, out." breathing sounds. I furrow my eyebrows as I try to build up the strength for the next push.

Asher is one big baby.

A few pieces of hair fall down from my messy topknot and stick to my sweaty face.

It feels like my insides are being ripped out, it feels like my, em woman area is being torn to shreds by claws.

And the thing is that I'm not exaggerating. He needs to get out, like right now. I know that I'm in labour on my dew date but I don't think I could've lasted another day.

"His head is out, okay?" My nurse, Lita tells me. "You're doing brilliant, just one more push and he'll be out!"

"I can't-" I pant loudly, I curl my toes and scream again. "I'm so tired."

"Of course you can do it baby girl!" Cato cheers me on but I let out another painful yelp in return.

"Are you ready to meet your baby, Clove?" Lita asks me. I breath heavily. "What did you say you were going to call him?"

"A-A- Oww!" I hiss. "Asher Kale." I manage to rush out quickly.

"Kale?" Lita asks, I can see that she's trying to keep my mind off the pain.

"Short for Kalen, my brother- he died." I sob while my tears mingle in with my sweat.

"Oh I'm sorry Clove. On the count of three,  you're going to give me a nice, big push to get little Asher out of there. It's like he doesn't want to leave." She chuckles.

"One, Two-" Lita begins and I feel very woosy. My head is spinning and her face is beginning to blur. "Three!"

I squeeze Cato's sweaty hand and try my hardest to push Asher out. I pant loudly as I force every bit of strength in my body that's left to focus on getting him out. I scream hysterically, violently.

And then, there's the most unusual feeling of relief in my abdomen. The tearing claws have stopped and it feels like my pregnant belly is already starting to go back to how it normally was.

I know it's not though. I reopen my eyes and I let go of my lip. I look up through my lashes at Lita who is holding the baby, a baby, my baby, our baby, our son.

"Hello Asher Kale, welcome to the world." Lita says gaily.

"Can I hold my baby? I gasp.

"Let me wrap him up first for you, let's keep this precious little boy all safe and warm."

Cato stands up and uses the piece of cloth to wipe my forehead dry. He then kisses my forehead and strokes the side of my face.

"You did it Clo, you did it. I'm so proud of you, I love you so much-" he compliments me but is cut off my Lita and a few of the other midwives.