Chapter 57: The Engagement Party

Clove's POV

* * * * * * * *

4 June 3114

* * * * * * * *

"Do I look okay?" I ask Clarisse as she soothes her baby bump. We've grown quite close to each other lately.

I managed to persuade Cato to let me go to the Engagement party tonight and he eventually agreed. I'll meet him there.

I was wearing a blue-purple maxi dress with high golden heels. There's a golden chain belt around my waist. I'm wearing both my locket and my purity ring, and the ring and bracelet Cato supposedly bought for me. I was wearing a few gold bangles aswell.

My hair was in a low side bun with a few bits falling out. I just had lip gloss on.

Clarisse nods and smiles. "Your stunning hon'"

I smile at her and reply to her; "you too." She's in a red dress that shows off her eight and a half month baby belly She has cute flats on and minimal makeup. Her short wavy blonde hair compliments her half cast skin tone beautifully.

"Let's go babe!" she calls as she pushes her self to her feet. Down stairs, we pass Madilyn, Kyle and the kids. We exchange hugs and kisses before I say goodnight a final time and we leave discreetly.

"Do you think the KAP will show up tonight?" Clarisse asks me nervously

"I sure hope not. They've been awfully quiet lately, and Enobaria deserves a nice night. She's seven months pregnant aswell you know?"

Clarisse nods, "I can't wait to get 'em outta me!"

I laugh and roll my eyes at her as she links arms with me. "Do you know what gender it is yet?"

"Nome." she answers.

"I hope I'll be 'round to see 'em. Next month is July, so you know...."

"Let's just forget about it hon'. For one night? Please? I don't want to talk about losing my best friend. But a word of advice, visit Mason and his kids, visit Chase, visit Hier and Tiana, visit Maysilee, Hayzelle, Derek, Ellie and your dad. Tell Samara, Kyle, Madilyn, Izabelle, Kalen and Roni that you love them. And do it soon."

I nod rapidly as we walk towards the building. The soft early summer air nipping gently at my bare skin. The sky is an iridescent orange.

"I will. I'll have time, I'll make time."

"I don't know how Clove, I don't know how." Clarisse whispers sadly.

We walk into the little bar and head upstairs, where they reserved an area for the party.

Clarisse trips slightly and bursts into joyous laughter, I begin to laugh as well as we trudge up the stairs. "What do you bet Cato will walk straight over to you and say that you look gorgeous or somethin'"

"Say so. I feel so bad Resse, I'm going to die any day, and all he wants is for me to say I love him, and I cant to that."

"Hon', it ain't your fault. It's no one's fault."

"Everything happens for a reason, right?"

"Right!" Clarisse assures me with a smile, I know she's faking it though, I can tell she's as nervous as Cato is about this.

"Cato's a terrible liar. He's acting like he's okay with me dying, but I know he's not. He's torn and broken. I mean, I could die in the morning and..... and-"

"Hush! Dont want you to cry baby! Your an inspiration to me, and yes you will be here for my baby to be born, I swear to you!"

"I hope your right..."