Chapter 62: Calm before the storm.

Clove's POV

* * * * * * * * *

16 July 3114

* * * * * * * * *

"You sure your okay?"

"Yes Cato. I have a bug, the world's not ending." I inform him.

He stares at me and I do everything I can to avoid his gaze. It's not that things are awkward between us, it's just that, oh I don't know.

I honestly didn't think I would still be alive by now, and the wedding is in like six days. I sigh and carry the bowls of food to the dining room. Cato's family are over for dinner.

"Thank you sweetie." Astrel says, taking the bowls from me. Oakley is in deep conversation with Rosalie. Keira is gawking at Nazera.

"Well I hope you enjoy! Sorry I was so late it's just that I-"

"Don't be silly hunny, it looks beautiful!" I smile at Rosalie's comment. I sit down, next to Cato and try to avoid his eyes. So instead I lock eyes with Oakley and we share a brief smile.

We all begin to eat the pasta and the rabbit that I cooked. It has a green pesto sauce, which I bought in the Silicocks earlier.

After a few minutes, Astrel begins to notice that I'm only picking at my food.

"Clove, love, are you okay? Your not eating you dinner at all?" you could actually hear genuine concern in her voice. Just like Cato.

"Yesum I'm fine. Thank you." I reply, not even daring to look at her. I can feel everyone's eyes on me.

"She's probably just worried about getting her test results tomorrow." Cato informs his family.

"Test results?" Rosalie frowns.

"Yeah, I got sick and Clarisse and Kyle made me go for a few tests. I'm fine though, nothing to worry 'bout"

I hear Cato exhale, almost painfully. Astrel picks up her glass of wine and sips it elegantly.

"What kinda sick?" Oakley mutters, Neaveh glares at him. I turn to face Nqzera next to me who's already fed. I stroke her hand with my thumb.

"Is it a bug or is it serious or what?" Astrel adds.

"Mom!" Cato hisses at her.

I looked at Astrel, Rosalie, Oakley and Nevaeh. I then looked at Cato. "I have cancer." Astrel drops her glass.

"Excuse me?" Rosalie gasps.

"Why did you-?" Cato begins to ask.

"They needed to know Cato."

"No they didn't!" he yelled at me and I was shocked.

"Cancer Clove, Cancer?" Astrel whispers I look over at her, they needed to kbow especially if they arw going to be my in laws in a few days, if I make it to then.

"Stage four ovarian cancer. And it's terminal, I've had chemo, and an operation is too risky. I was told that I'll die in July. That's what's wrong with me, I've been sick since I was thirteen and I only found out in February. That's what's wrong, okay? I'm dying. And I'm sick of everyone walking on eggshells around me. I can't deal with this no more."

I slide Nazera out of her highchair and hold her close to my body. I walk out of the dining room, out the front door and into the meadow. I notice that no one follows me.

I walk through the forest and over the river, I walk through the poor part, passing my old house and I soon end up knockong on Enobaria's door.

When she opens the door, tears are streaming down my face by this time. She doesn't say anything, she just steps aside and let's me in. She instructs Corden to boil some water.