Chapter 60: My kind of day.

A/N- when you see this: ~ ~ ~ ~ ~, it means that there's a sexy time coming up.Please skip it if you feel uncomfortable.

* * * * * * * *

18 June 3114

* * * * * * * *

I hold Nazera gently in my arms. Cooing her softly as we begin to walk home. I place her into the old pram and strap her up.

The funeral is just over. There was a mass burial,  as in everyone who died, their bodies were burned and sprinkled over in Region Two, by the mountains.

It was really sad, the rest of the District showed. All the Victors and the Mayor also came. No one knew how to respond to such a tragedy.

Cato, the sweetheart, told the peacekeepers why I fainted. The cancer, and how I was to die soon. They built us a house in the meadow like I always wanted, with a huge kitchen,  six bedrooms and a balcony.

It's not as posh as my old house, it's more rustic. But I like it better. Roni, has decided to move in with Kyle. Something about space.

I glance at Cato to find him staring back at me. I grin and cock my head to the side. "What?" I laugh.

"I'm so glad your okay."

I felt like saying; for now, or wait until next month. But I didn't, I decided to give him the benefit of the doubt. So I reply with, "Me too!"

He runs a hand through his locks. "I was so scared once you fainted. I thought you were messing and then those stupid doctors don't even know why you fainted-"

"Cato, you know it's the cancer. It's coming. But let's not talk about it. Zera is exhausted, poor baby. I'll put her right to bed as soon as we get back."

"You want me to push the pram?"

"Nome, thanks anyway."

We talked about her until we reached the meadow, the flowers. Our home is right next to that tree which is by the pond.

Cato took Nazera out of her pram and handed her gingerly to me. He begins to fold down the pram and then he walks up the veranda steps and opens our door.

I hurry up the stairs and put Nazera into her cot. Seconds later, and she's asleep. I smile proudly, she's so perfect. I love her so much.

I leave her door open in case she wakes up, and I drag myself down the stairs. I walk out onto the veranda, which is around the hole house. I continue until I face the pond. I sit on the swinging chair.

I glance at the newly laid headstones for Izabelle, Kalen, Samara, Chase , Veran and Calipurnia. Right next to Maysilee's. Sure their bodies aren't there, but still. I wish my fathers and the rest were here.

I take in the scent of summer. Daisies and buttercups, bluebells and snowdrops, montbretias and pansys.

"I can see why you like it here." Cato says. I jump involuntarily. "Sorry."

I smirk and pat the space next to me. He sits down and I curl my legs under me and rest my head on his shoulder. He kisses it.

"Thank you for this, it's amazing."

"Anything for you baby girl. It's your birthday tomorrow."

"I know. I'll be seventeen, jeez. I just hope I'll make it to your birthday in July. I really do. But this is like the best birthday present ever! A house and my memory back!" I giggle.

Cato laughs with me and then strokes my face with the back of his hand ina soothing motion. We kiss for a small bit, nothing to serious.

"I love you babe." I tells him, then I put my lips back on his. He tells me he loves me too and I smile into the kiss, causing him to stick out his tongue, which of course found it's way into my mouth.