Chapter 65: Alien

(Warning: Foul language)

Clove's POV

* * * * * * * * *

25 July 3114

* * * * * * * * *

Allies Clove, you need allies, I mumble to myself to prevent myself from decapitating Demi. Demi is the kind, innocent, lovely nineteen year old girl from four. Ha! She's anything but that, she's hormonal and sarcastic.

"Demi, leave her alone!" he district partner Olive snaps at her. Olive is about 27, he did volunteer though. He has spiky black hair and the usual tanned skin, sea green eyes and muscles that most district four people have.

Demi is quite tall actually with a freckled face. Her sea green eyes show nothing but annoyance and impatience. Her hair is a very dark brown with blue highlights.

Gloss stands next to me with Aloe.

"Where's your district partner?" Gloss chews.

"Oh I don't know, don't care either."

"C'mon two, we've all shown you our stuff. What about you, hm?"

I roll my eyes painfully. "I don't need to prove myself to you, I won the games last year, that says enough. Did you win the games, Demi?"

"Back down." Olive warns her. She opens ber mouth but no words come out, I smirk and turn away from her. I face Gloss and Aloe.

"Anyone else that you want in the pack?" I ask both of them. We have a pretty serious pack, I have my knives, Aloe has her axe, Gloss his spears, Demi her trident and Olive his swords.

"I asked Titus last night, he said no." Gloss informs me and I decide this is a bad thing. I look over at Titus. He's in the middle of the hall, smashing holograms into shards with an axe.

"He's a lot better then me.." Aloe whispers.

"True say." Demi agrees and we all shoot her a look. "What?"

"He's a victor Aloe, he's like what? Forty? You're only eighteen!" Gloss re-assures his worried district partner.

"I don't think there's anyone left." Olive tells us.

"No, everyone is left. Everyone is a contender, young or old. They are all dangerous" Gloss speaks and I look at him. That's something Cato would say.

"Actually, before we begin, I want to ask someone." I inform the five others.

"Go ahead." Gloss tells me so I nod my head at him. I scan my eyes across the large training hall and smile when I see her.

I approach her at the nature table. Her big brown eyes are engrossed in the plants and her short, curly hair is pulled up. She's wearing the same as me and everyone else in here, the grey legging type pants and the cap sleeve top with a red and black strip running down each sleve and leg.

Her district number, eleven is on both sleeves is a red colour.

"Faye?" she jumps and drops a few things. I bend down and pick them up for her. "Sorry I didn't mean to scare you."

"Clove? Why are you here with...me?"

"You remember me don't you? From the Victory tour?"

"Of course I remember you." Faye speaks softly, just like Rue which frightens me.

"I wanted to ask if you would like to join the career pack?"

"Career pack? Oh no!" she panics, her eyes flicking away from me and returns to her plants.