Chapter 23: The Bloodbath

Play 'airport disco' by athlete goes good with the bloodbath.

******************************

BOOM!!!!!!! I burst off my podium. Run Clove, I tell myself. I pump my arms faster. The wind is hard to run against. For my father.

I dive into the cornucopia, landing on my knees. I grab the knife bag. I quickly pull it open, I yank out the first knife I see.

''CLO" Cato yells. I whip my head left then right. Lucky I looked right, a big burly boy is running straight for me. I quickly side step him, causimg him to trip. I sit on him, and just as he's about to throw me off he gets a knife to the heart. My first kill.

I see Cato smiling at me. Then Thresh catchs my eye. Running to the field with a small pack and a machete. He's to far for me to chase him.

Rayna is hacking away at the boy from 8. They boy from 5 is sneaking up on her. I fumble for another knife. A large serraded one comes out. I fling it quickly after making sure no one was behind me.

The minute it peirced his skin he falls helplessly to the ground. Two kills. ''Thanks'' Rayna yells as she charges for another tribute. I look around quickly. Marvel and Glimmer are chopping up two tributes. Rayna and Cato are fine aswell. I must look like an idiot.

Cato quickly runs to the cornuccopia. I then see Eamon's red haired head roll out. I gawk. KATNISS!!!!! She grabs an orange pack and then the district 9 nine boy tries to take it. I pick up a nice dagger-like knife.

As it embeds itself in his back, he spits blood out of his mouth and onto Katniss. He falls and she helplessly scrambles backwards. Another knife zooms through the air, positioned to hit the heart.

She pulls up her orange backpack and shuts her eyes. Unbelivable, she blocks it. And I just gave her a free weapon. Shit. She scrambles into the green forest.I slowly survey the area, everyones dead.

I didn't see Rue's body. I hope she survived. ''HELP HELP ME PLEASE IM SORRY" I shoot around to see Cato stick his sword into the stomach of the boy from six. The boy who took his knife.

''Everyone alright?" Cato asks. Glimmer and Marvel are fine. Rayna has one scratch running down her face. Cato's lip is bleeding. I hear Glimmer gasp. ''What?' I ask annoyed. She nods to my wrist and its pumping blood.

I shrug and turn towards the cornuccopia. Crates are everywhere. ''Oh my God, look Marvel, were so lucky'' Glimmer giggles. Marvel raises his eyebrows. They run towards the crates and pull stuff out.

''What're they doing?'' I ask. ''Making a shelter, it'll help if there's heavy rainfall'' I nod.

''Wait'' Cato calls. We all look at him.

''Clear out, they need to collect the bodies''. We nod and walk into the forest.

***********************

In about 20 minutes, the bodies are gone. Glimmer and Marvel continue to make the shelter. Rayna and I sort out the supplies. So much food.

I take a pack and begin stuffing packets of food in, two canteens of water, a sleeping bag and a first aid kit. ''Incase we get split up'' I say to Cato who is looking at me skeptically. ''Smart'' he says. I smile.

Everone mimics my movements, filling there pack. Each of us have a sleeping bag. The shelter isn't that much. To pieces of fabric held up my sticks.

I still sit on an empty crate, under the shelter, bandaging up my wrist. Marvel next to me. ''That sore?'' I look up at him.

''Nah, just a little blood'' I reply.

''Here'' he said as he fixed my bandages. I smile. ''Thanks''