Chapter 69: Execution.

Clove's POV

* * * * * * * * *

02 August 3114

* * * * * * * * *

I officially just want to lie down and die. I felt hollow and shoke. I still don't understand why I felt hollow, I have a baby growing bigger everyday inside of me.

I always wonder how Cato will react if I get home. Will he be happy? Will he hold me tight and kiss me? Say Thank You!? Or would he tell me that if I don't terminate the baby, he'll leave me?

That doesn't seem like the Cato I know and love, but people change overnight, and I'm going to be gobr for many nights.

No one speaks in the camp. The sea isn't crashing against the beach like it normally is. It's still, silent, wary.

I crave for conversation, I feel alone. I look around and try to find someone's eyes so they would say "Morning Clove!" or something along those lines, but much to my disappointment, everyone is focused on the ground.

I twirl my knife in my hand, I hack on my lip. A cold, bored sensation fills me and I shiver at the feeling. I need to escape this horrible feeling, I need Cato. I need him to tell me that I can pull through this without his help.

I stand up and reach for my pack. When me fingers cone in contact with the material, I swing it over my shoulder.

"Where are you going?" Gloss asks me after he looks up.

"Oh sorry, I forgot that we got married last month."

"What's wrong with you Clove? Pregnant?" Demi asks in a sickeningly sweet voice. "Slut" she whispers.

I throw the knife into the air and when I catch it I fling it at her. I know it won't hit her but it's close. As she's not looking, it startles her and she yelps.

"Clove!" Olive scolds me.

"Now, Gloss sir? May I leave camp master?" I ask him sarcastically. I pull out a new knife and head into the thick jungle.

For about twenty-five minutes I walk in a North-east direction. The dense jungle is a bit louder then normal, birds sing loudly in the trees. My steps are silent and slow.

Then I suddenly feel bile rise up my oesophagus. I panic and run to the closed tree. Not now!

I stick my knife into the tree and squeeze the handle as I let the bile come up. I'm glad I tied up my hair. I feel sweat break out on my temples and I begin to shake.

I watch in horror as the trail mix I ate this morning come up. I grimace. I gag loudly and dig my nails into the knife.

Once I stop, I rest my head against a nearby tree and breath loudly. Why me? I taste the salted tears befire I realise that I'm crying.

I turn my back to the tree and slide down it. I immediately feel weak and vulnerable but at this stage, I don't care.

"I miss you, and I love you. I love you so much! I'm so sorry, don't hate me baby please, I love you!"

My heart thumps against my chest and I frantically wipe the tears away.

Red hair, I saw red hair! I push myself up and grab my knife. I stealthily follow the red head through the vegetation. She - well unless it's a man with a super long ponytail- stops when she comes to a clearing with a cave.

A man steps out of the cave and scrutinises her. "Any meat in the traps?"

"No Faich. Sorry." the girl says.