Chapter 83: Number Two.

Clove's POV

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

15 February 3118 (Six months after previous chapter)

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

When Astrel says the words; "Just one more push and they'll be out, Clove." I can't help but think back to Lita telling me that almost three years ago.

Cato is silent as he holds my hand. His face is still and he's not even looking at me.

Carlee, is having a panic attack on my other side. She tries to mutter words of encouragement to me, but falters when she looks at Cato and my face.

I cry heavily, I have given birth before so it's easier this time. It's the emotional pain that I'm crying from. Memories of Asher and the disappointment on Cato's face is to much to bear.

What happens if this baby is stillborn too? I don't know what will happen to us, I don't think I'll be able to live with the grief of having killed two of my children.

I push heavily, trying to relieve the weight that is pushing down on my shoulders. If I successfully give birth to this little baby, I might not be a complete waste of space.

Cato is worried but he won't say it. He's so stubborn, he glances at me and bites his lip. He blinks and his eyes glisten.

I stare back at him through my blurry vision but he adverts his eyes to the little river. Yes, smart me decides that it's time to go into labour when we're walking through the forest. And not to mention that it's snowing and my bum has frostbite now.

As I open my eyes, I catch a glimpse of Faye staring back at me, hidden behind a tall oak tree. She just stares at me and doesn't blink, as if she's now scared of me.

Slowly but surely, the corners of her mouth curl up as I feel a unusual relief.

I hear a crying sound, it's not me and it's definitely not Cato. I gasp and force my eyes open as wide as possible and focus on one thing only as Cato squeezes my hand.

A little baby, small fingers and toes, a mop of blonde hair, it squirms in Astrel's hands and let's out a roar.

Cato pulls off his top and hands it to his mum in shock. No one can say anything, it's alive right?

Am I hearing things? I'm not, am I?

"Congratulations darling, say hello to your beautiful baby girl!" Astrel rejoices and wraps her in Cato's top. Suddenly, I feel Cato's dry lips on mine and I'm still unsure if this is actually happening.

"I'm so proud of you, thank you Clo." Cato tells me as he pulls away. I'm shaking.

I, did it? It's over now? She's out and alive?

I didn't kill her like I did to Asher?

Obviously not!

"Can- Can I hold her?" I breathe and Astrel nods excitingly. She leans down and hands me a bundle. Cato who is now sitting behind me, rests his hand on her smooth forehead.

She cries loudly in my arms as I sob too, mine is with happiness now though. Her stormy blue eyes look up at us as she screams and I glance back at Cato, my mouth hanging open.

"Welcome to the world angel, say hi to your mummy!" Cato laughs as I bring her up to my face and I place a gentle little kiss on her left cheek.

She stops crying momentarily and looks back at me through thick eyelashes. She has Cato's eyes, like Asher did.