Chapter 48: Don't you remember her?

Clove's POV

****************

26 December 3113

****************

"Are you sure your okay?" Cato asked me for the a hundred time in the past hour.

"Yes Cato, I'm perfectly fine! See?" I say giving him a fake smile.

He rolls his eyes and I shift awkwardly. I shimmy past him and walk calmy to the window. We're almost home.

Am I okay?

No, not at all actually. I saw Cato being killed last night in my dream, I've been awake since 5:21am. I feel like I'm melting inside, like my life is spinning out of control and I just can't seem to grab hold so it'll take me with it. I feel lost, destroyed, deflated.

I need Cato.

But Cato seems to know that I'm feeling like this, but keeps asking me am I okay just to get me to confess. But will I?

No, I'm to stubborn for that.

Cato's hand wrap around my waist and I relax. His lips gently graze my cold skin, sending shivers down my spine. He kisses from behind my ear to the back of my neck, to my shoulder and all in between.

"Mwah, mwah, mwah!" He says loudly as he kisses my neck. I laugh slightly, enjoying the tingling sensation that his lips bring me.

There is a polite knock on the door.

"Clove? Enobaria says it's time to come to the doors, the train is stopping." Leven's calm voice tells me.

"Okay, thank you." I say, then I sneeze. It's so cold out, snow is falling extremely heavily and even my knitted cardigan isn't warm enough. I have skinny jeans on and a tank top under my oversized grey brown cardigan. I pull on mustard gloves and a matching hat over my flowing hair.

Cato wraps the scarf around my neck gingerly.

"You look beautiful today, you always do" he smiles.

I smile back but avoid eye contact, so I shift my gaze to the snowy fields.

I feel like crap, I have a cold, I might have to go back into the games, I can't mentally cope anymore, and don't get me started on the fact that I woke up with mother nature glaring at me when I went to the toliet.

So I have a massive migraine. And it fells like someone has put their hand into my stomach, and twisted it about. Blah!

Why is it always women?

Cato grips my hand and I end up stumbling over my high ankle boots due to the fright I got.

"Let's go babe" He smiles. He opens the door and I grab my suitcase, but he hurridly takes it from me. I smile at him softly before I glimpse around the room once more.

"Yeah, let's go." I tell him, we leave the room and Cato being superman closes the door with like fifty suitcases in his hands.

We enter the main cart and are met my an eiry silence. Everyone is nervous, especially Eno, I dont think she has told Corden about the baby yet.

Cato drops the cases and then pulls me close to him.

"Seeing Roni and Kalen will cheer you up. I promise." He assures me.

"Hopefully.." I whisper. He rubs his thumbs around in circles on my hips.

"We have them tonight, light a fire, nice food, warm blankets?" Cato suggests.

I nod my head.

"After the dinner in the Mayors." Everyone is invited, but we and our families and mentors get a secluded table with the Mayor himself. I think his family will also be there. I'm unsure about Leven and Corden, and Rosalie and Nevaeh.