Chapter 7: Lets talk about the games...

Its September now, Zayn came back a couple of days later, he called his son Caito, Its Sunday today and I went hunting last night. Clarice told me we need some 'girl time' and I'not complaining as I have been around Cato so much as we have been training like overtime. Tomorrow in training we are doing knifes and spears.... I know right, I don't even know if I can lift a spear. Then Zayn says Tuesday will be a little different I don't know how though. Enough of that.

I roll out of bed, and walk into our little bathroom, I told Ronnie to tell mother that I'm going out so I can leave when I'm ready. The cold water is like daggers that are falling onto my back and face. I get out and towel-dry my hair, and then stagger over to my wardrobe. I end up putting on a plain white string top and skinny's. I put on my white runners and plait my hair to the side. I put on my locket and my bracelet Cato got me.

I practically run to the river and shes there waiting. 'Sorry I'm late, I'm never early for anything' she just laughs, 'Same here, so I haven't like talk to you in ages' she says "I know, its so good to be able to talk to a girl.' i say 'Same here, i have been stuck with the boys since i was four' We laugh together and then she gives me a sadistic smile.

'OK Clove, tell me the truth here, no lies.... Do you like Cato...' Em how do I respond to that. I'm blushing I can feel it. She gasps. 'You do.. OH MY GOD, I knew you did, I just knew it, I told Bristle that I thought you liked him... and you do..' She is like hyperventilating now. 'Please don't tell anyone, please...' I beg. 'I wont, I promise, ah ye would be perfect for each other, ye are both feisty, viscous, but ye are also sweet and kind and oh..' I laugh,

'Does Cato know?' She asks. I nod my head. "no he doesn't and I don't plan on telling him either, he will just get confused which could kill him in the games.' 'I-I totally forgot about the games, I'm sorry..' She says. "Its OK, I knew that since the day I met him, i tried not to get attached, because it then will be harder to kill myself in the games...' I said it before I realised. " YOU WHAT??? YOU PLAN ON KILLING YOURSELF OH NO YOUR NOT, YOU AND CATO WILL MAKE IT TO THE FINAL TWO THEN YE WILL LIVE IT OUT.....' she yells. Her face is red and her golden-brown hair is covering her face. 'I'm sorry I didn't mean to yell, I just got a shock' I nod and she hugs me, For the next hour we talk about girlie stuff. Then Cato walks in.

He hugs us both, and then Clarice leaves after giving me a look of You-better-tell-him-you-like-him-or-you-will-never-get-the-chance. Whatever. Cato plops down next to me, 'so what were ye talking about' He asks looking straight into my eyes. I look at his and I melt. 'oh em... girl stuff' He laughs. What did I say?

'Cato, do you think Clarice and Bristle, will ever go out?' I ask. "As in date?, maybe I think he like her, I'm not sure about her liking him though..' He replies "Same here..' We talk for hours on end mostly about training though. Until I cant wait any longer I blurt it out before I can stop myself. "What will happen when we get to the final two..' I ask. 'Easy, therm are a lot of ways. We stick together and wait for another to go, we could split up, or when the other is dying let them die.'He says. "No fight to the death?....' He shakes his head. 'How about if you promise to stick with me in the games.. I will find away to get us both out...' "whatever' I reply.

I finish school and bolt to the training centre, I change into my training outfit. I walk out and Cato and Zayn are talking, Zayn smirks when I come out. OK weird. Its spears first then knifes. I walk over to the spears and pick up the lightest one, and start to throw it and it gets in the 10 zone and the falls to the floor. Cato picks up the heaviest spear and throws it with little effort and it embeds itself int the 95 zone. I sigh.

He walks over to me annd says 'lemme show you..' He pulls a total 'guy move' he comes behind me and takes my arm and wraps his hand around mine and puts his other hand on my hip. Oh my God he is not doing this, his hand on my hip feels so right. He throws the spear and it goes into the 85 zone. 'Thanks Cato'I say while trying to cover up my blush. 'Anytime Clove..'

We throw for a long time until its knife time. I grab 9 knifes and put one between my teeth and attach the others to my belt. I run at the targets jumping and flipping. While in the air I grab two knifes and fling them and the hit the 100 mark. I fling one over my head and another under my legs. 100 mark. I fling another two to the side and guess what 100 mark. I then grab the last two and throw them straight forward with a lot of force they both get 100. I spit they last knife out and fling it and it goes staright to the skull