Chapter 10: The so called 'Date'

Cato looks handsome in a white shirt and jeans. He smiles at me and compliments me. We walk until we reached his house I took great care to remember where he live in case I ever had to go to his house. His house is like triple the size of my house. Clarice and Bristle are already there. Cato's mother Astrel smiles at me and his brother Zonny is giving me weird looks.

I sit down next to Clarice and Bristle sits across from her. Cato then sits after serving us. We have this sort of rabbit meat and some rich vegetables stuff like that. The three of them are used to food like this. I'm not. The flavour dances on my tongue. I sit there trying to savour the flavour, While the others make small talk.

'Clove, that dress is so nice on you, you really should wear it more' Clarice says I smile. After dinner we have some sort of cake made of chocolate, I never tasted chocolate before, my eyes go wide when I see it. Cato puts a more then average size slice of cake on my plate. Then sends me a wink. I dig into it, its creamy and rich, it melts in my mouth and I savour it,

'Never tasted this before..' Bristle asks. I shake my head. He chuckles. Once I finish it Clarice taps me on the shoulder, 'Can I talk to you?' i nod and get up follow Clarice in to the bathroom. 'OK two things, I knew you liked Cato but since when did you start loving him?" "...... I always did' I say honestly 'Don't tell him please..' 'I won't, you need to tell him before the games, because, If you are still planning on killing yourself, you would have never told him and you will regret it..' I just nod

'Also did you see the way Bristle is looking at me?" 'No what way was he looking at you..' she doesn't reply, she's thinking for the right word. 'Lustfully..' 'really Clarice does he like you, I think he does, do you like him..' she sighs 'Watch him' Is all she says.

We walk out of the bathroom, Cato smiles at me and Clarice. Bristle has eyes only for Clarice, giving her a lust-full look. Ew. We talk and joke until late, I can see Clarice and Bristle are trying not to bring up anything to do with the games. I appreciate that. I have been thinking lately about if i should wait for the 75th games to go in. But i don't think I can, everyone expects me to go into these, so I have no choice. When we are leaving we all hug everyone, except for the boys. When I hug Cato he hugs me the longest, and whispers 'thank you for coming, see you in training tomorrow' in my ear.

It's April now, Cato and I refuse to speak about the games, I haven't missed one day off training and I'm really pushing it way over the limit. Its Monday, I just finished School and I'm on my way to training, Zayn said he will be late, so I'm going to the forest for a while. I climb up my tree and listen. Until I hear voices; Clarice and Bristle. I look down and almost fall out of the tree at what I see... Clarice has her hands around his neck, her legs around his waist, and she is pressed up against a tree and they are currently having a hardcore make out session. My mouth is dropped open, They pull away..'I love you Clarice' 'I love you too Bristle' Then they leave, I hop down and run to the training centre.

Cato is there practicing archery, I jog over to him and pick up a bow, I start shooting arrows everywhere. 'You alright you look like you have seen a ghost' he says. 'Close enough' I reply. "Whats wrong?' 'did you know Clarice and Bristle were dating?' 'dating? there not dating' he replies 'Or else its a fling cause i just saw them halfway through a hardcore make out session. Then they said the loved each other'

'Why are you lying to me?' "Cato, I'm not lying. I don't lie' He chuckles. 'CLOVE STOP LYING TO ME, THEY WOULD HAVE TOLD ME' He screams. 'I'M NOT LYING I JUST SAW' That's when he slaps me, hard. I glare at him, not even bothering to put my hand to my check. 'OH FUCK THIS CLOVE YOU KNOW I HATE LIES, YOUR PROBABLY LYING TO ME ALL THE TIME' 'FUCK OFF CATO' I say before legging it home tears in my eyes, The love of my love just slapped me.

I burst in home ignoring my mothers questions. I run in to my room shut the door and scream. I take my knife out from my belt and start hitting it to the wall. 'Easy don't hit me clove' I spin around to see my cousin, Izabelle sitting on my windowsill, crying. 'Iz w-what's wrong' Izabelle is 14 she will be 15 in August. Her Father is my father's brother. She is like me Chocolate brown hair that's past her shoulder's and grey eyes. Unlike Ronnie and Kalen who have blond hair and blue eyes.

She runs over to me screaming, she runs into my hug. 'Clove, its my father, he was shot dead, the man who shot him escaped' 'He's dead, no no he cant be' I say now crying. We cry for a full hour her in my hug, not moving. "This morning he was on his way to the quarries, Mother was dropping me to school, when she got back he was dead, Mother is making us stay here, she wont go back, whats wrong with you?' She says through her sobs. I tell her about Cato.

'Iz I must make dinner, will you help?" she nods. We walk downstairs to see everyone crying, except Kalen, he doesn't understand. I run to Hayzelle, Izabelle's mother. 'I'm so sorry Hayzelle, I can't believe he's gone' 'Clove, stop that nonsense, now make dinner' My mother says. We make our way to the kitchen, when we were younger Maysilee, Izabelle and I were like best-friends, but ever since Maysilee died, we kind of grew apart. We and up making rabbit.

Sitting at the table, was so awkward. Ronnie and Hayzelle are still crying. Then Hayzelle mumbles something. 'Mother did you say something?' Izabelle asks. She stands up and says two words 'I'm pregnant' Izabelle runs upstairs and I follow.

For the next week, we all refuse to go to school, and I wont go training. Izabelle, Ronnie and I just sit up in my room. Izabelle sits on the windowsill, Ronnie sits cross-legged on the edge of my bed and I sit up where my pillow is playing with my 'Clove' knife. Hayzelle is sleeping on the sofa in the living room. There is a quite knock on the door and I rush down stairs, in my grey hoodie and red pj pants, knife in hand. I open the door, to see the person who I have been avoiding for the past week. 'Clove, can we talk?' "Cato?'

A/N- heya guys, heres the next chapter, this chapter is dedicated to elliebellie39483948 cause she guessed who Carlee is, yes she is Cato's sis but she's not an avox yell find out soon. bye vote comment and fan me please