Chapter 54: The Truth.

* * * * * * * * *

CLOVE'S POV

* * * * * * * * *

11 March 3114

* * * * * * * * *

Yesterday, was extremely painful. I was questioned by Roni non-stop about where I was. And then later lectured by her on how dangerous it is to go out. I said I was with Cato.

My mind was racing and I felt sick. I finally realised I have cancer, and I freaked out. I couldn't breathe and I found myself crying.

But something caught my eye though, as we were watching the news, the hostage thing came on again. Except there was a slight difference, they didn't say Clove Rambin, or Clove-Sienna Rambin. They said Adara Beckitt.

"Come on Roni!" I scold her. We arranged to meet with Kyle and Samara today, in a different cafe by the main square. Roni's wearing heels for the first time.

We were both wearing make-up, and heels and Roni was wearing a blue skinny dress, while I was wearing a wine mini-skirt with the same colour over-sized jumper with black tights and black ankle wedge boots.

We couldn't let the KAP recognise us. And this is serious.

We warily enter the cafe and I scan the room for any possible threat. None.

We walk swiftly over to the twins as we see them immediately.  We sit down, Roni next to me as I face Samara and she faces Kyle.

"This better be good" Samara warns. "it's to dangerous to just call a meeting with us all of a sudden. None of us should be seen in public places."

"Oh don't worry,  this will be good" I assure her. She glances at Kyle. "You both have some explaining to do. I want answers, and I want them now!"

"Answers about what?" Kyle asks with confusion on his face. He fiddles with his gold wedding ring.

"We were watching the news yesterday, and the reporter was talking about the cafe incident. And recently they called me Clove-Sienna Rambin. But that's okay.

But what's not okay is what they called me yesterday; Adara Beckitt. No Clove and no Rambin. Now please explain why." I demand.

Their eyes widen and they glance at each other, fear in their eyes. I get a little nervous.

"Well go on!" I exclaim.

"We weren't going to tell you until you were eighteen." Kyle mumbles.

"Tell me what?" I say, my voice raising.

"Remember I told you about Elaine, and how she died from ovarian cancer?" Kyle asks and I nod. Glad he hasn't said anything about my cancer.

"Well, that was a lie. She didn't even have cancer, she died of a heart attack when Roni was just born." I frown, I feel like asking about the cancer and the fact that I got Roni tested for nothing. Little does she know.

"I'm sorry I did that. And she's also not your mother Clove." I furrow my eyebrows as I feel my jaw drop slightly.

"Did dad have an affair with another woman or?" I question.

"No. You see when Samara and I were about eight-"

"Seven" Samara corrects him.

"When Samara and I were about seven, Elaine, our mother-" he said motioning to himself, Samara and Roni. "she wanted another child. Wait, am I allowed to say stuff in front of Roni?"

We both nodded. He smiled and rubbed Samara's hand which was on the table. She peered up at him with sad eyes. He took a drink of his water.

"They tried for two years to have a baby, but it wasn't working. So, they went to the hospital, and forked out a lot of money for them both to be tested. It turned out that in some weird way, Elaine had gone infertile. She couldn't have anymore children. She cried for a whole month straight,  literally. Until-"