Chapter 49: Aftershock.

Cato's POV

***************

20 February 3114

***************

The funeral was short, family and friends were the only ones aloud. She was buried next to Derek, her husband. They were able to take the baby out of her stomach. Blonde hair and big blue eyes. Izabelle decided to name her Elly. She was buried between her parents.

Clove didn't cry. She still hasn't. She's still in aftershock, but you couldn't console Izabelle, nor Roni enough. It was painful.

Roni's birthday was a few weeks later, Clove got her a few bottles of perfume, clothes, jewellery, but you couldn't celebrate on such a day. Roni didn't do anything. Kalen's birthday was yesterday. We had a few of his friends over, but you could tell no one had any senseof happiness.

They shortly found out that Beckany had murdered her in her sleep. She had also killed Derek. She was arrested for life.

Clove isn't the same. I can't hug her, or kiss her. She'll push me away and curse at me. And if anyone mentions the name "Hayzelle" she gives them this physcotic stare, as If she'll murder them.

She's had a few episodes. They're not like her old ones were she'll scream in fear and cry. These one's are violent. She has thrown a glass at the wall, smashed a plate off the floor, she has even flung a chair across the room. Miraculously, the kids never see.

They kids have moved in with us permanently. Resse and Bristle are now living in their own home, giving the five of us more space.

To channel her anger, she asked Zayn if she could use the academy. I watched her a few times. She doesn't do any tricks or flips, she stands in one spot and throws the knife at different parts of the body.

Zayn also asked if she'd help him train future careers. She has one all the knife throwing contests and all of the archary contesets. I never knew she was good at archery. She participated in sparring also. She has beaten everyone. No matter what size or height, she beat 'em. She wouldn't lay off the attack, she pounded them. She actually ended up putting a boy in hospital.

She's just not right.

Maybe it's her case of bipolar disorder, or maybe it's something more serious, but she's too twitchy, always on the edge of her seat. It worries me a lot.

Like a real lot.

*****************

I wake up about 10 o clock. I roll my eyes to think of what I have to face up to today.

This will be the day that she feels better. Today is the day where we get our lives back on track.

Oh, who am I kidding?

I groggily get up out of bed and pull a black top over my head. I shuffle down the stairs to be greeted by the smell of food. Mm, I'd love some curry right now. For breakfast?

Yeah, I know I'm weird.

I enter the kitchen and see Izabelle and Roni chatting in a hushed tone over the breakfast bar. Kalen is bouncing up and down, playing with all his new toy cars that he got yesterday for his birthday.

"G'morning!" I say.

"Morning!" Izabelle and Roni smile as the put there empty plates into the sink. "Thank you Clove!"

Clove nods her head and turns around to greet me. The first thing that I notice is her eyes. There darker. They don't have that sparkle anymore, the sparkle that made me want to get to know her. There is a very prominent black line under her eyes.