Chapter 76: Final Three.

Clove's POV

* * * * * * * * * * * *

11 August 3114

* * * * * * * * * * * *

Bria Oswek was definitely something else. She's thirty four years old and she's from District Seven.

She has bright brown eyes with pale, white skin. Her face was dotted with freckles over her nose. She has the most unusual, light brown colour hair, she's shortsighted, you can see that by the way she squints.

We immediately made a pact, but I'm starting to regret it.

I could easily pull out a knife and stab her in the heart within seconds. I could knife her in the stomach. I could hit her over the head with my spiked mace and BANG!

Bria's canon would boom through the arena, no doubt it would shake Faye up and possibly make her lose her trust for me, it would cause her children to lose their mother, it would cause a husband to lose his wife. It would cause havoc and distraught at district Seven.

But, it would send Titus a message saying I'm not giving up, that I'm still in it. It would prove to the Capitol that I'm still the same girl as I was last year, which hopefully cause people to sponsor me so I won't starve my baby to death.

But I decided to risk it, I'll let her live. For now.

I sit down next to Faye who has practically collapsed from exhaustion. "I- I'm so h-hungry" she stutters.

"I know, it'll be alright. I promise" I assure her. Usually she would question me, but now she's too tired to do that.

And in all honesty, I miss her curiosity and her childish-ness. I miss her as the bright character that she normally is.

I still can't believe Gloss died for us. I mean, what did we do for him? Nothing to be honest.

I mean, he still had his sister Cashmere, both his parents and Cade, Aloe and Marvel's son.

I can't see Marvel having a son. He's too childish altogether.

I twirl a piece of my hair between my fingers out of boredom. It's dry and brittle, it desperately needs to be washed with some fancy Capitol shampoo.

I didn't sleep last night, Faye did. I can feel the bags under my eyes. I can't swallow as my throat is so dry.

And has anyone noticed that it is easily twenty degrees hotter then it was yesterday?

The sweat is pouring off me at such a high rate. It's a struggle to even throw a knife at this stage.

Faye groans loudly and I spare her a glance. She's bathing in sweat also. It's rather disgusting.

Bria, on the other hand, obviously has some water source, along with some food. She looks fine from where I'm sitting, but as my vision is so blurred, she might be in the same state as me too. I just can't tell.

I feel a hand brush off my shoulder, I sigh annoyed internally. I glare to my left, but die when I see who it is.

Marvel.

He smirks at me and throws me a flirtatious wink. He brushes my hair away from my eyes and stares into my soul. I shiver under his stare.

"Marvel, what are you doing?" I ask him with pure shock in my voice. "You're dead". My breath is increasing quickly and I can see my chest rising from the corner of my eye.

"No baby. I'm here, now hush." he commands me with patience in his voice. I don't have the energy to fight back. He leans down from his crouched position and nuzzles his face into my neck.