Chapter 41: A better boyfriend.

Clove's POV

******************

31 August 3113

******************

I let out another exhaused sigh. I have been staring at Cato sleep for the past two hours. It's the nightmares. Especially over last night's dream. Yes, Cato eases them, but doesn't make them dissaper.

I swing my legs over the edge of the bed and curl my toes at the heat difference between the warm bed and the slightly colder carpet. I shuffle into the bathroom before darting downstairs and running out the front door.

I tip-toe to the beach and sit down quite close to the house.

"What do I do now father? I'm the victor you wanted me to be. What do I do now? Your even after coming into my nightmares now. And, I'm scared.

I can't help but wonder if you'd praise me or criticise me? Would you even recognise me? What would you want me to do now? I have a perfect life now. Perfect boyfriend. Perfect house. I'm loaded with money. But I'm not used to perfect.

You know what I had to do while mother, pouted in her room. I carried that family and house on my back since I was 9! And, I still am.

But Cato, I'd bet you'd have loved him. He actually cares for me. You can tell he loves me. He's amazing! I love him so much. I bet you'd give me that 'talk', wouldn't you? Yeah. You would. But, he's right for me. I just hope I'm right for him."

***************

Cato's POV

***************

I open one eye after hearing the door shut. It must have been Clove.

I pull myself out of bed and stumble to the balcony. I gaze over the beach until I see Clove sitting cross-legged on the sand, looking at the moon.

I rest my elbows on the rail and bend over slightly.

''But Cato, I'd bet you'd have loved him. He actually cares for me. You can tell he loves me. He's amazing! I love him so much. I bet you'd give me that 'talk', wouldn't you? Yeah. You would. But, he's right for me. I just hope I'm right for him."

I smile like a goofy little boy. I'm guessing she's talking to her father.

''I mean, he has all the other pretty girls in District Two. Yet, he still chooses me. I don't know why, but he chose me. I'll always love him father."

I decide to give her some privacy and crawl into bed, shutting the balcony doors before hand.

I'm amazing? Really? I don't think so. Yeah, I saved her life a few times, but really? To be honest, I think I'm a shit boyfriend. I don't do anything for her. I got to shape up, I mean we haven't even went on a date yet.

I got to shape up before she leaves me for someone else.

********************

1 September 3113

********************

''Ugh, Cato wake up!" Clove moans, poking my cheek. I open my eyes, wincing at the bright light.

''Morning beautiful." I whisper, rolling onto my side to stare at her.

''Morning." Clo says, planting a kiss on my lips. ''You know, you snore so loud?" She moans.

''No I don't!" I frown. ''Yes, you do. It's like a fog horn. Every snore."

I roll on top of her, but putting all my weight on my elbow. I smirk at her.