Chapter 36: Home And The District Winner's Ball

WARNING: FOUL LANGUAGE

******************

Clove's POV

******************

19 August 3113

******************

My head shot up the minute I heard a noise. The minute I realise I'm in my own bed, I fall back down, next to Cato. I shudder at the memory of Thresh ie my dream.

I hastily wipe away all my tears, feeling like a little girl. I sigh, angrily. Cato opens one eye slowly, looks around, then when he notices me, opens the other.

''Mornin' beautiful'' he sighs happily. ''Good morning" I mutter.

''Sleep?" He asks. ''Um, yeah. Did you?"

He shrugs. ''Excited 'bout seeing everyone?" He questions.

I nod, enthusiastically. ''Very, especially Ronnie!" He laughs.

''Quick question, what will I call your brother?" I frown. ''Oakley''.

''Think of it, no more school!" I cheer. ''For you, I'm 18 so that was my last year!"

I clap my hands together, gaily.

Then the door opens, and Eno walks in. She sheilds her eyes when Cato gets up.

''Aack! Put some clothes on!" Eno growls. ''Im fully dressed!" Cato smirks.

She peaks through her fingers, and sighs. ''We'll be home in an hour, shower, dress, look good, this may be broadcasted on the TV" Eno commands. I nod as she leaves.

''See you in a few babe" Cato says, kissing my lips. ''Bye, babe'' I smile, then start laughing. Babe, he called me Babe.

I jump into the shower. I massage my scalp with that lilac and vanilla shampoo, and then the same with my body.

I step out and I'm instantley dried with the ground vent.

I slip into the clothes I left out; a pair of skinny jeans, a white chiffon top -its sleves go to below my elbow and its pretty baggy- and a pair of black peep-toe heels. I brush out my hair slowly, loving the way it feels after not being able to do this for weeks!

I apply a tiny bit of mascara and lipgloss. I'm not one for make-up, but this may be shown over Panem, I need to look nice. I make sure I have all my jewellery, then leave with my suitcase, not looking bac, at the room -my room.

******************

''Ok, just remember, very, very happy" Brutus explains. We nod in sync.

The train slows down as we pull into the town. And there they are. Screaming, cheering, crying with joy.

Kalen, Ronnie, Astrel, Clarice and Bristle are the closest to the platform. All crying, except Bristle. And Kalen.

Ronnie's hair is clamped up, a string top and a pants, she's clutching Clarice's leg, tears running down her face. Kalen is jumping up and down, gaily.

Cato grabs my hand, as the train comes to halt. We raise our hands to form the W. The glass doors slide open and the heat hits me. I kiss Cato's cheek then run off to Ronnie.

''RONNIE!! RONNIE!!" I call. She runs into me so hard, that I almost fall. ''CLOVER!" She exclaimes. I pick her up and spin she around.

''I -i thought you were gone, I thought I'd never see you again. I missed you, so much'' She cries. ''And then Cato, he saved you, he brought you home!" She whispers. ''I know Ron, I know baby''.